Another NE Armor build thread... (LOT

So, like many others, I am starting a build thread of my NE Armor kit.  I will try to update as often as I can.

I received my brown box from TupperwareTK today via UPS. 

DNqLeBt.jpg

I have to say, I am incredibly impressed with how well everything was wrapped and packed (TupperwareTK must be a Tetris master).

1VsEXbb.jpg

Of course, this wouldn't be a build thread without the "ALMOST everything laid out" picture.  (This was also the moment where all I could think was "what did I get myself into").

8AdF2Gf.jpg

My TKboots also arrived yesterday.  These are so much nicer than I had expected.FPl4yco.jpg

My white canvas belt from Tkittell showed up Wednesday and I am currently waiting on my holster and neck seal from Darman.

As for now, I am starting on some snap plates and figuring out how everything fits, where I need to trim, etc.

Thanks for looking.

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  :popcorn:

Definitely can understand how you feel.  Looking at your pics I'm going "So awesome.  OMG look at all of those pieces."

Good luck with your build!

Congrats Bryan!  I will endeavor to assist you as much as I can from what I have learned so far with my NE kit.  I didn't get the helmet, but I've been working on the armor.  Please don't hesitate to ask any questions in your build thread!

So, I started working on the helmet a bit tonight. 

I spent quite a bit of time getting the cap and back lined up properly.  There are guides "built in" to the molds, but for some reason, mine weren't lining up properly, leaving the traps very obviously off set.  Once I managed to get the two pieces straight, I trimmed straight down on both sides of the "back" from the rear bottom corner of the trap.

3bMVZQx.jpg

I used a piece of masking tape as a guide for where the bottom of the trim will sit on the brow.

JgmhOxa.jpg

That is it for now, I will keep updating as I make progress.

• 7 months later...

I would seek out NE. Although it is no longer sold here, it might be sold elsewhere or on the side. If you go with AM and go for EIB or further, you will need to upgrade with new parts. AM and NE are made by the same guys.

Mighty Tank Told me today that there should not be any problem getting approved for EIB with the new AM. For Centurion he said the chest is fixed but the back is still being worked on. Any info here that says otherwise. Here is what he said: 

"They already allow EIB. The chest should allow centurion, but the back has not been modified yet. It's in the works."

So does that mean the AM helmet will also be Legion approved? The attaché here for the Inland Empire said I would be better off getting an AP helmet but I would rather get it all together so I won't have to worry about color difference or extra money for a separate bucket.

The new AM helmet is not what the old AM helmet was. So keep that in mind. The old AM helmet is still crap.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well just to be on the safe side I am ordering an AP helmet tomorrow. I would really love an NE bucket but I can't seem to track one down. And I would feel bad asking another trooper to part with theirs. Armor is like a baby. A baby you can wear. I can see it being hard to part with any piece of armor.

• 4 weeks later...

Any progress on this helmet build? I'm waiting for the new set of AM armor and am interested in how this style turns out vs the already combined cap/back versions.