Magnets for Cover Strips.

Hey Troopers,

For gluing the cover strips onto the armor, do you have to buy earth magnets for gluing?

I went to lowes and found ceramic Magnets, I bought 10 rectangular shaped ones. I know that Trooper Tim used them on his build.

I need your input, thank You!

Btw I have 50 clamps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

You don't have to use magnets but they are great for reaching areas that clamps don't get too. I used a combination of clamps, magnets and masking tape, the tape you can wrap right around pieces like arms and legs. I have 30 rare earth magnets 3/4 x 3/8 and I still could have done with more :D

You don't have to use magnets but they are great for reaching areas that clamps don't get too. I used a combination of clamps, magnets and masking tape, the tape you can wrap right around pieces like arms and legs. 

DITTO

You don't have to use magnets but they are great for reaching areas that clamps don't get too. I used a combination of clamps, magnets and masking tape, the tape you can wrap right around pieces like arms and legs. I have 30 rare earth magnets 3/4 x 3/8 and I still could have done with more :D

+1

Use "Blue Painters Tape" to wrap the Magnets. This is so they do not chip and to protect the armor from marks left by the magnets.

goood tip, I had no marking issues, but had a few magnets chip, split, break apart by not having them taped up originally

I didn't have rare earth magnes either, just some basic ones and clamps. For my build I took it slow, just glue one side at a time. I also used a combonation of all 3, clamps, tape, magnets. Here you can see how I was doing my armor with my shins. I glued the fronts first then after they cured for a day glued the back and wrapped everything with tape at the end as you can see I did to my bicep piece in the bottom of the photo.

sZEMZTg.jpg