What are my options for a Metal E-11 or Replica L2A3?

Hermanator

I would love to have a metal, screen-accurate E-11, preferribly aluminum and ESB style.  I originally considered a deactivated L2A3, but I figured that it would raise too many red flags at Conventions and public events.  I have seen several posts on the forums regarding metal scratch-builds, and a few older posts where runs were made.  What are my best options for a metal E-11 or L2A3 replica?

I know about the Asahi airsoft gun (though I don't know where to get one), R2Dan's friend that made a couple runs, and a couple of the scratch builds here on the forum.  Outside of that, I don't know where to go.  I would appreciate any suggestions on where to go.

I am fine with some modifications.

Also, any suggestions on a canvas belt that can hold a 5+ pound blaster without sagging?  I'm estimating the weight of an aluminum E-11 with electronics.

Thank you all!!

I know that you mentioned that you would like to have a Metal L2A3. I would reccommend a Hyperfirm E11. The reason in case you drop it or accendential bumps into objects or in case if someone asks to hold the weapon for a photo op at events. Hyperfirms are good for drops and bumping into things. Also, it is alot easer on your arms and hands. When wearing armor your body sweats. Depending on what gloves you wear. Cloth or Rubber. The hands will sweat.

Also, if you want a Deactivated L2A3. Get one to have. I have one with a real Scope and Counter. At first I wanted to have a Real Deactivated L2A3 to have at events. With a Real Scope and Hengester. Then reality sank in. The LA23 are Heavy to Hold in armor. Also for the $$$$ to invest in the Deactivated L2A3, Real scope, Counter and Cylinders and to have it dropped and damage the parts would be a heartbreaker!!!! If you can afford it go with both. Have the Hyperfirm to troop in and the L2A3 to have as a display. Also if you are helping out at the booth of your Garrison ant events, you can bring the L2A3 and have it as a display item.

Andy

On 9/12/2013 at 3:26 AM, Leo said:

If you have the funds uniquecanes.com makes one:

----------

Boy there is so much not to like about that uniquecanes blaster! Totally not worth the $$$$$$$$$ if you want accurate

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

There are some replicas out there that are really nice, in full metal (aluminum). But they are rarely sold, or produced in any great number. I managed to snag one from Germany. Picture is from before I added T-tracks and Hengstler.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I bought a Demilled Sterling from Unique Caines. I just bought the Sterling only. I added a real Hengstler 400, A real M40 Scope, Made my own scope rail. and made my own Cylinders. I know that the spring slot and ejector port and barrel is welded shut because of U.S. B.T.A.F. Laws. If you just get the Sterling only and add the rest yourself. Its not that bad.

Andy

Thanks all. The aluminum one made in germany is pretty much what I am looking for. Not sure if they are still being made. The unique caines are made with l2a3 parts kits (steel and plastic). Steel makes for a heavy rifle, and an aluminum replica would quickly drop the weight in half and be capable of maintaining most of its strength and all of its original appearance. I may end up trying to make one based on the tutorial here, but I prefer to buy one if possible.

I will consider the hyperfirm, but I would still prefer an aluminum build.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

If I went with a deactivated one, I'd probably go with the latter.  I'm going with an ESB blaster without the hengstler and cylinders, so it's basically just an L2A3 with a scope and t-tracks.  I may end up going this route, but I'm still hoping to find an aluminum build somewhere for the lighter weight.

Thanks for the links!!

Thanks all. The aluminum one made in germany is pretty much what I am looking for. Not sure if they are still being made. The unique caines are made with l2a3 parts kits (steel and plastic). Steel makes for a heavy rifle, and an aluminum replica would quickly drop the weight in half and be capable of maintaining most of its strength and all of its original appearance. I may end up trying to make one based on the tutorial here, but I prefer to buy one if possible.

I will consider the hyperfirm, but I would still prefer an aluminum build.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

I bought a Sterling from "Unique Caines" . I just bought the Sterling only. I added the counter, Scope rail, and made the Cylinders myself.  Here is a link to my E11 Build Thread.  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12056-my-new-e11-blaster-project/  The only thing plastic on the Sterling is the hand grip.

Andy