My new E11 Blaster project.

PGHtrooper21

Here is my next project that I am going to be working on. I have a “BTAF†APPROVED, DUMMY, Non Firing, Display, Replica, Sterling LA23.

After searching for a few months, since IMA sold their last one in mid February for $700.00, I picked this up from “Unique Canes and Military Replicas†www.uniquecanes.com for $ 399.00.

I was very impressed with the service. They cut the magazine and offered to make the “scope and counter rail. I decided to let them to take care of the magazine and I wanted to work on the “scope and counter rail. I have a “Real Henglester 400 and a M40 Scope†to add on to it. I found “Car Cell†charging cord that I am going to use for the wires. My counter has a plastic sleave. I am going to trim out the plastic covering to show the “Eagle and the name Henglesterâ€. I will use the templates to create the “Power Cylinders†and add the T Track.

I also included pictures of “Lewis Hyperfirm†for side by side comparisons.

Andy

JpLgNxp.jpg

UamvITr.jpg

YX1q1O0.jpg

XW9GQfB.jpg

8IbyoFj.jpg

2Okbxr8.jpg

r8S19Tr.jpg

oJdBAv6.jpg

VXkiVfw.jpg

6MoqIS5.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it. I'm thinking of respraying my E-11s and I'm going to use this as a weathering guide! :duim:

That is such a pretty gun. Somewhere around here I have a picture of myself holding one we found on a weapons raid in Mogadishu in 1993. I remember grabbing it out of the pile and thinking "Holy crumb that's a Stormtroopers gun" Dang thing was heavy that's all I remember. Way to go I hope you will keep us up to date on your work. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I have a “Hengestler Type 400 Eagle Counter†and a Real M38 Scope. I am going to make my own “Scope Railâ€, ‘Power Cylinders and “Counter Holder.

First up is making the “Scope Rail.

How to build a "Scope Rail".

I am going to begin to build a "Scope Rail" For my "Dummy Deactivated Sterling". I got a piece of metal Steel Strip from Lowes. I placed it in a vice made sure that it was level and strait and took out a "Hacksaw" and scored it a few times to help with the bend. Grabbed a hammer and tapped the metal down until it looked like an "L Shape".

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/pghtrooper21/078-6.jpg[/img]

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/pghtrooper21/037-8.jpg[/img]

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/pghtrooper21/039-8.jpg[/img]

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/pghtrooper21/060-7.jpg[/img]

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/pghtrooper21/040-9.jpg[/img]

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/pghtrooper21/041-9.jpg[/img]

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/pghtrooper21/042-9.jpg[/img]

I then took a tape measure. Wrote down some measurements of the diameter of the

top vent hole and the length to the back sights and wrote them down and then I cut

the pieces that I do not need off. I also made sure to leave some inches for adjustment.

TdF98N3.jpg

MzTQAnG.jpg

Xtp4KLO.jpg

Q2K4MHD.jpg

RC2q2c7.jpg

To have the "Scope Rail" stay on my "Dummy Sterling", in the front part of the rail, I measured off the width of the inside of the vent hole, took out my Dremmel and cut away. I then put the notch part back into my vice and bent back the opposite way. It worked. The reason why I am using "Steel" for the rail is because I used Aluminum the first time and when you bent Aluminum one way and bend it back the opposite way it cracked. With using steel I had no problems!

RVDAAIt.jpg

dNQNov9.jpg

nnLsWyE.jpg

4oADFrj.jpg

cpwzkiX.jpg

wQBX4bh.jpg

mqR6pJc.jpg

LHwkX1w.jpg

sdqXPWC.jpg

3ewOIAs.jpg

vrdmOf4.jpg

TzGHBhE.jpg

Next up was the placement of the scope. I looked at more reference photos from the film to get an idea of where to place the scope. I decided after looking at some shots to line up the front of the scope with the front of the ejection port. Once I had the scope where I wanted it. I took out some "Blue Painter's Tape" and marked the location in the front and the back with the tape. The reason why I did this is to keep the location while I try to get the measurements between the two screw holes.

I used the screws that came with the scope. I measured the distance between the two holes. Also I measured the distance between the ends of the scope leg to the hole and try to center it on the rail. This was tough because the scope legs are wider than the rail. Once I did this. I got out the drill bits and drill size chart to measure the screw size to find the right bit. I marked the location and tapped a drill point awe to get a center location and drilled a hole in the rail. I repeated the sequence for the back scope leg. After both holes were drilled I put the screws back into the rail and the scope to see how they fit.

uskVWpp.jpg

Gy9WK4z.jpg

dad2vwo.jpg

jfmYVqY.jpg

LqCxFYo.jpg

9BkLbkz.jpg

HtoRQgf.jpg

ZJnqi4r.jpg

alnpUmD.jpg

TU00gHa.jpg

QCb9iuA.jpg

pEC7sJt.jpg

lMYbXOk.jpg

a6p0JFb.jpg

qZhFRid.jpg

5tkb3Su.jpg

K2doc8s.jpg

uskVWpp.jpg

h1Uacp4.jpg

XlXPdxE.jpg

t4v74cf.jpg

gDpPRlb.jpg

I did not want to drill into my "Dummy Sterling". After looking at some other builds and reference photos from the film. I decided that I was going to use a "Hex Screw" in the "Back Sights" to hold the Rail in place. I took some more measurements and cut the rail to where I wanted it and adjusted it in place.

045-7.jpg

032-9.jpg

033-9.jpg

034-7.jpg

035-8.jpg

Next up is making the "Counter Bracket". While working with computers, I came across an idea

For mounting the "Counter". On the back of pc’s there are slots that you put video, sound, usb, etc…,

Cards in for enhancement of the pc. While looking at one of them and idea came to mind to use one of the slot covers for a "Counter bracket. Before trashing an old pc, I removed a few of the "Slot Covers".

I started to look at some film shots of placement of the counter. After getting an idea of where the location

Is, I got out some "Blue Tape" and marked of the location with the tape. I went and placed the "Slot Cover", into the vice and taped it down with a hammer.

HRNik01.jpg

CUZcqVE.jpg

OpNSLFT.jpg

zWxYW0C.jpg

UY1fPW6.jpg

ujjPM8h.jpg

cQLibA2.jpg

2b4LPoL.jpg

After I bent the "Slot Cover" I took the bent piece and checked it against the area

Where I want it to be. I then got out the Dremmel and cut off the excess. I then removed

The "Scope Rail" and removed the "Scope" and then lined up the rail and the "Slot Cover".

I got out the drill and then put the drill into the "Hole" and the "Slot Cover". After that was

Finished, I assembled the scope, rail and slot cover and placed it in the "Dummy Sterling".

I put the "Counter" to see how it looks. I made a temporary display holder out of "paper napkins"

And a box of crackers for pics. How does it look so far?

gq1auhD.jpg

Y06PQQh.jpg

Xe53L5L.jpg

HoibB34.jpg

bs3ypUW.jpg

OdnbOc8.jpg

lDysNlZ.jpg

YSkBLbx.jpg

8gnu028.jpg

ACQPnfS.jpg

r5XoQb2.jpg

NbBCOXM.jpg

M4avsP5.jpg

0LmV23e.jpg

lBUVUX4.jpg

1yrc6c5.jpg

Un6RXpa.jpg

lBUVUX4.jpg

l3oO1Fg.jpg

o3wZWpS.jpg

3hovvVS.jpg

ew8ZIVi.jpg

How to make Power Cylinders.

I had ordered "Power Cylinders" a while back and somehow misplaced them. I

decided to make my own. I used "SSKUNKY\SYNAPTYX and "PLAYFULWOLFCUB"

Templates and combined the measurements from those two for creating my "Power Cylinders".

Al credit goes to them for the templates. In creating the "Power Cylinders" I want to use the

"Capacitors" that I ordered from EBay. If you are not up to speed with the recent discovery of the center "Capacitors" here is the link. http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=17306

I started out by studying both templates and got out a pencil, paper and a ruler. I drew out

The template on the paper and got out a Xacto hobby pen knife to get a good cutout. I placed the

Paper Template on my "Dummy Sterling’ for a test fit. I then took the paper cutout and traced it on to a plastic sign and used a "Utility Blade" to score it out.

After I scored and cut out the plastic template. I took out my pencil and made some markings

On the template, ex, the bend line for the back part and where the front part where you cut and

Bend up the wings to hold the power "Cylinders". After that I then placed the plastic template on my "Dummy Sterling" for another test fit.

I did this out for a few reasons. 1. The Plastic Template will not rip like paper. 2. I can use

the template again down the road to make more. 3. I can use the Template to drill out holes to test the

Cylinders and the "Caps".

gLZExSX.jpg

n9wh7a3.jpg

003-16.jpg

HlA2cNC.jpg

78TvVrA.jpg

E0HoeUI.jpg

0tjbvRR.jpg

uZYOWkc.jpg

v6tKvKl.jpg

BpI51Mq.jpg

I then placed the template on the piece of Steel that I bought from Lowes. It is located

In the metal section where they have Sheet Metal, Aluminum and rods. I used steel

So I can bend it back and forth. I traced the template on the steel with a pencil. I took

The steel and placed it in the vice and cut it with the Dremmel.

After I cut out the base of the "Cylinder Holder" I traced the "Bend Line’ on the "Back Plate"

And I marked the "Center" part of the front part of the base with the "bend Lines" for the "Wings".

I placed the ‘Base" in the vice. I lined up the "Bend Line" as best I could. Scored the line a few

times with a ‘Hacksaw" and tapped it down with a "Hammer".

I then "Flipped" the "Base" so I could cut out the "Wings". I used a Dremmel for this.

Here are some notes. If you are using a Dremmel and are using steel, by extra "Reinforced

Cutting Wheels". I used a few for the cutting. This project was the first time for me for using a

Dremmel. The "Cutting Wheels" grounded down pretty good.

zaKSSLk.jpg

Ici0406.jpg

1domyc1.jpg

3pMqjXd.jpg

DJw1WMP.jpg

aSV7AcQ.jpg

4NIq21z.jpg

TYKD8wR.jpg

I bought a 3/8 "Brass Tube" from "Hobbytown U.S.A." for the two cylinders. I got

Out my measuring tape and marked off "52mm" from each end with a pencil.

The reason why I used each end is that I will have to file down only one end of each

of the tube. I then placed each end of the tube in the vice and lined it up to the

pencil mark.

I then took out some "Blue Tape" and taped around the pencil mark with the tape.

To get an even line, I lined up the "Brass Tube" as level as I could and then with the

tape I lined the tape as close to the vice for an even line. I wrapped the tape around a

few times. I repeated the sequence on the other end of the tube.

I reset the tube in the vice a bit lower so I could begin to cut it. The reason why I did this

Is when I begin to saw, the blade is flushed against the side of the vice. This is to help

To get a straight cut. I got out a "Hacksaw" and I started to cut the tubes. In cutting, I used

a slow, "Back and Forth" motion and slowed it down when I felt I was coming to the end.

I flipped the tube and cut the other end as well.

25a5cpe.jpg

01D1Rk4.jpg

hL4hY1V.jpg

VgpZH6J.jpg

cnJQg77.jpg

6f725tj.jpg

La2WEi3.jpg

40S5Cup.jpg

YpmBGRl.jpg

OEBMhxx.jpg

I then placed a "Metal File" in the vice to file off the rough edges of the tube

I first placed the tube on the file and ran it back and forth a few times to smooth

The ends. After that, I placed the tube on the end and the I spun it to smooth the

Edges of the tube. After I did this I placed it on the point of the file and spun it

There to clean out any shavings that are left in the inside of the tube. I did the

Process again till I felt the edges were smooth enough. I repeated the sequence

On the other tube.

n8hsXjd.jpg

6rBt6Xe.jpg

Next up is to drill the holes for the "Cylinders" and the "Capacitors". To do this

Step, I first used the "Drill Bit Index Card" to find the size of the "Drill Bits" of

Both the "Cylinders and the "Capacitors". Once I found the size of both, I placed

One of the "Cylinders" and lined them on the raised "Back plate" and traced the tube

On the "Back plate". I made a "Crosshair" and I then placed the "Back plate" in the vice

And then I drilled the first hole. Next I drilled out the center "Capacitors". I switched out

The "Drill Bit" and I drilled out the lower two holes and then the top hole. I then marked

The location of the other "Cylinder" and drilled out the other hole.

I placed the "Brass Tubes in the outer holes and then I placed the "Capacitors" in the

Center holes and adjusted the Brass Tubes".

kmNEQ1s.jpg

l6zOasS.jpg

dmvdV1v.jpg

RlLDD53.jpg

uH42AaW.jpg