TJTroopers T/MC Stunt helmet

I've been working really hard getting my bucket together, and wanted to share what I came up with. This is the first I've shared any of my work here, so I'm a little nervous to hear the feedback. I still plan on adding fans, probably a mic, and I might try to make the inside trim even cleaner. I also need new S-trim. It was cut too short so i just have a filler piece there for the time being. Here it is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hey TJ.  Please post more about what you did with the inside of the helmet.  I think it really looks great and would like to steal what you are doing!!!   :P

What is the item you have the cod sewn into?  And talk about what you did around the eyes.

I have Tray's same kit and am working on it myself.

Thanks!!

Huh? I honestly don't know what you mean. Looking at my stencils I cannot see how there could be a left and a right. Please explain.

The front tube stripe angles downward, you have yours angled upward, the photo bellow shows the difference to yours

origTKsculpt_compare.jpg

Whew! had me a little nervous there.. had to recheck my own helmet to make sure I got the angle right!  looks like I do. Its such a subtle thing but once you see it, it cannot be unseen!

The front tube stripe angles downward, you have yours angled upward, the photo bellow shows the difference to yours

origTKsculpt_compare.jpg

Hey TJ.  Please post more about what you did with the inside of the helmet.  

Agreed. I would like to know more about your custom interior!  I'm ready for personalized padding and not the movie accurate star shape foam so trying to get some ideas on what I could use that would be comfortable.

Ok, I see it now, thanks. Boy that's gonna be a pain to fix.

Anyway, more on the inside. First a lot of credit has to go to Trays helmet for what I did to mine. I painted the inside with a layer of black Krylon fusion and then covered that with spray Plastidip. The covering over the lenses is headliner material that I picked up at Joann. The padding is a removable liner from a motorcycle helmet that I picked up on sale from Cycle Gear.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Biker/Helmets/Open-Face/brand/BILT/Roadster-Open-Face-Motorcycle-Helmet/p/32162_59409_199

I would think the XL padding would work for just about anybody, and it fits the helmet pretty well. I just held it in with Velcro. You can buy just the liners from different companies off of Amazon, but I wanted to be able to try it on before I bought it, and for $40 it was worth it. It's extremely comfortable, and no bobble head.

Anyway, more on the inside. First a lot of credit has to go to Trays helmet for what I did to mine. I painted the inside with a layer of black Krylon fusion and then covered that with spray Plastidip. The covering over the lenses is headliner material that I picked up at Joann. The padding is a removable liner from a motorcycle helmet that I picked up on sale from Cycle Gear.

http://www.cyclegear.com/CycleGear/Biker/Helmets/Open-Face/brand/BILT/Roadster-Open-Face-Motorcycle-Helmet/p/32162_59409_199

I would think the XL padding would work for just about anybody, and it fits the helmet pretty well. I just held it in with Velcro. You can buy just the liners from different companies off of Amazon, but I wanted to be able to try it on before I bought it, and for $40 it was worth it. It's extremely comfortable, and no bobble head.

cool! thanks for the tip on the motor cycle helmet liner. was thinking about something along those lines or what you find inside a baseball helmet.  :duim:

Just a note, it won't hold you up getting approval, the tube stipe is just an esthetic thing. Star foam in the lid is what I use, also a block 1" by 2" on either side of the lid to stop it moving, I don't need a strap then. A good tip is to use Velcro when putting padding in the lid this way you can take it out and wash it from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks TJ.  There is a Cycle Gear not far from where I live, so I am going by there tomorrow.  What is that on the sides of the helmet that looks like tubes?    Thanks for the info!!

That's just some corrugated tube that a buddy often had lying around. In my head that's what I always thought would be there on a "real" one. It looks cool and is just held in by friction. I do take it out though so I can use my fans from Echo. Eventually I'm going to see if I can combine the two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...