Trooper Boots, a List of Suitable Candidates

I don't recall my size in cm right now, but I've bought some Lands End Chelseas now.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Roger.. :) ..the Fulton I take it?..they look good :) ..did you get a discount?....what is your size in US sizes?...ofcourse now that you have bought a pair of boots, it does not matter, but I had a couple of extra boots....

They were less than $100 and money back guarantee. I usually wear a10.5, but they were narrow in the toebox, so I've actually ordered 11s now. I have Broginis also and they're a little small, but i'm not bothering to ship back to England.

I might wear the LandsEnd to work a few months first.

Edited by longboard8

okay.. :) , then the boots I have are way too small for you....but the Fultons receive relatively good reviews, so at that price they sound like a bargain....(and I doubt that they will not be accepted for EIB and CEN) :) ...

Edited by SorenM

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Daniel...

That is a great heads up...will probably some other ones instead...three pairs must be enough:-)

Edited by SorenM

All great finds!! What's the most accurate boots you've found yet? I see various styles.. Chelsea, Jodphur.. What was actually used and what is the difference? Is TKboots the most accurate, or is something off the shelf more accurate?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

The most accurate is Loake 290, which is very similar to the Herring (Loake and others make Herring shoes). Those are Chelsea boots, Jodphurs is sometimes used for describing a Chelsea, but that is incorrect. A jodphur normally does not have the elastic band, but a girdle and a buckle instead...

The originals name is somewhat of a semi secret, so I am not gonna tell you...sorry :-)

TK boots look the part, but they are White leather and not painted, which makes them less accurate than for instance the Loakes.

I would any day of the week choose a pair of Loakes..for all the reasons listed in my thread....I like high quality footwear:-)

Edited by SorenM

The most accurate is Loake 290, which is very similar to the Herring (Loake and others make Herring shoes). Those are Chelsea boots, Jodphurs is sometimes used for describing a Chelsea, but that is incorect. A jodphur normally does not have the elastic band, but a girdle and a buckle instead...

The originals name i somewhat of a semi secret, so I am not gonna tell you...sorry :-)

TK boots look the part, but they are White leather and not painted, which makes them less accurate than for instance the Loakes.

I would any day of the week choose a pair of Loakes..for all the reasons listed in my thread....I like high quality footwear:-)

It's not that secret :P you can find the name on the forum :P

Thank you for clearing that up for me!! :) good to know those are comfy shoes.. That was Another thing i was looking for in mine. Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

You are most welcome!..:-)...they are both comfy and very sturdy, but as with all Goodyear welted shoes they will be a little stiff in the beginning....but they last forever!..:-)

You realize that's a bit silly, eh? It will simply be posted to the boots page for the world to see. The whole point if FISD is transparency - if you can't share it here, then it's best just not to say anything.

The original brand is posted publicly on the forums, and we have excellent pictures of them as well. Those who care to know what brand the originals are and what they look like will find it after doing some research.  So if you're not willing to invest 10 minutes digging around this site, you're probably not willing to spend many hours on ebay looking for them. So I don't see how it's a problem.

Transparency, yes. Kinder garden, no.  ;)

You realize that's a bit silly, eh? It will simply be posted to the boots page for the world to see. The whole point if FISD is transparency - if you can't share it here, then it's best just not to say anything.

Well I am sorry that you think so :-), Mathias gave the exact reason why I did not post the name. In addition to that I fully agree that FISD is the forum where we share INFO, and I honestly think that I always share my knowledge...but when I first started here at FISD, so few few months ago, I was told and given the general impression that the name of the brand was not something you just passed around.....

but your point has been noted :-)

The original brand is posted publicly on the forums, and we have excellent pictures of them as well. Those who care to know what brand the originals are and what they look like will find it after doing some research.  So if you're not willing to invest 10 minutes digging around this site, you're probably not willing to spend many hours on ebay looking for them. So I don't see how it's a problem.

Transparency, yes. Kinder garden, no.  ;)

You said it...again :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The most accurate is Loake 290, which is very similar to the Herring (Loake and others make Herring shoes). Those are Chelsea boots, Jodphurs is sometimes used for describing a Chelsea, but that is incorrect. A jodphur normally does not have the elastic band, but a girdle and a buckle instead...

The originals name is somewhat of a semi secret, so I am not gonna tell you...sorry :-)

Why can't you tell us the real name?  Why is it such a "secret"  What's the big deal?  I mean if we are all going for the same goal of joining the 501st shouldn't there be no secrets?  Seem kind of a stupid way to keep the hobby going by hiding information from people.

Oh for crap's sake people. The original boot brand name was: Stuart

Here is one of the threads where its mentioned out in the open.

This is the gallery Loticus uploaded of the original boots with the brand name clearly shown. 

This forum was built on the notion that transparency is the best way to promote and sustain our hobby of dressing like plastic space men. 

But really... on a daily basis we answer questions that have been asked over and over and over again for the sake of new users. So why do we get squirrely on this subject?

Yes it took me two seconds (even in tapatalk) to find the thread where the brand name is mentioned, but who cares? I'd rather answer someone's question, tell them to use the search luke, and then show people the thread they're looking for proving how easy it is.

It's no wonder people think that the whole of FISD is a bunch of elitists. 

-Eric

Why can't you tell us the real name?  Why is it such a "secret"  What's the big deal?  I mean if we are all going for the same goal of joining the 501st shouldn't there be no secrets?  Seem kind of a stupid way to keep the hobby going by hiding information from people.

I believe I answered this already in a previous post.......

This is the gallery Loticus uploaded of the original boots with the brand name clearly shown. 

This forum was built on the notion that transparency is the best way to promote and sustain our hobby of dressing like plastic space men. 

But really... on a daily basis we answer questions that have been asked over and over and over again for the sake of new users. So why do we get squirrely on this subject?

Yes it took me two seconds (even in tapatalk) to find the thread where the brand name is mentioned, but who cares? I'd rather answer someone's question, tell them to use the search luke, and then show people the thread they're looking for proving how easy it is.

-Eric

Thanks for your input Eric:-)....

-Eric

And there was much rejoicing! Thanks Eric for having backbone. FISD was created for transparency. If people want to keep secrets, this is the wrong place to be.

• Like 1

Let me just clarify: I do NOT want to keep secrets.:-) Like I said in my previous post, I was under the impression (when I wrote the answer) that it was "bad manners" to openly state the name. I now stand corrected, twice.....and for the record I do believe that I share all my (limited) knowledge with anyone who asks.....