• <18
    • 18-24
    • 25-34
    • 35-44
    • 45-54
    • 55-64
    • >64

Hi! 

This is just one small question I have been wondering about for quite some time. As I'm only 17 I know that most of you are older than me (Which is completely logical since the empire would be fools if they were to employ kids to guard the death star (however it would explain a few things) ) but my question is simply "how old is the typical trooper?" Please just fill in the correct age in the poll (If it is working? :huh:

Cheerios!  :)

Edited by TheKido

I turn 19 in less than a month. A lot of people think it's unrealistic for me to start dumping all this money into my armor, with all these expenses I'm about to incur. College tuition, a car, gas, insurance for the car, phone bills, food, etc. With you being 17, it's going to be hard setting time and money aside to take this hobby on if you plan to do so. I assume you're still in high school.

I'm on the waiting list for an ATA armor kit, and despite the cost, I believe it will be worth it when I put it on and step out in public with it for the first time. Patience is key, which most of us young kids seem to lack. 

In short, while many things may be more important than hobbies such as this one, being patient and setting a little bit aside every week will get you to where you want to be. Good luck.

Edited by SolidScrafty

Nice to hear that there are more people out there who can keep this hobby going. ;)

I actually purchased an FX armor from Blocket (the equivalent of E-bay here in Sweden) a while back before I found FISD and MEPD (A perfect example of our lack of patient). And just like you I have the problem with time and money. Many of my friends (and both parents) call me insane and keep telling me that it is a waste of time and money building a white plastic man but they don't understand that this is a huge interest and hobby. The joy my armor has given me this past years totally covers the cost in both time and money. My secret is prioritizing, I don't spend much on other things no car, no games and since the school is free up here and since I still live at home I manage to save enough for the hobby. When it comes to time it was pretty easy for me. I was addicted to video games and spent most of my evenings in front of the computer. And well if we put it like this I haven't played a game since October  :)

To summarize this hobby is awesome and I'm so glad my math teacher got me into it. It has also taught me to be patient (most times) and got rid of my addiction to video games. Way to go :duim:   (And I think my education would be the equivalent of upper secondary school or something ;) )

Edited by TheKido

The typical tropper is quite old. you know, because they were born a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

The typical trooper is dead, he exploded with the first death star and ...oh wait.... yes also with the second one ;-)

37 here...  I was 1 year old when ANH opened in theaters.  You teenage whipper-snappers were 3 or 4 years old when Episode 1 came out!!  :huh:  I feel old.  Ahh, the multi-generational love for Star Wars!  :jc_doublethumbup:    

Anyway, welcome to the FISD! Now get suited up trooper!  Don’t worry about your age. It’s just a number.  The Empire will assign you the only number that matters!    :laugh1:   

I think there was a poll done here a couple of years ago, and it showed that the average trooper is in his or her late 30s to early 40s. Makes sense given what I've seen around the Legion, and because most people who are just starting out in life (late teens or early 20s) simply don't have the gobs of disposable cash that this hobby seemingly requires.

Jason- Well there is actually a minimum age of 18 to join the ranks so I believe i must wait 7 months until I can start trooping for real. At least this will give me some time to actually finish my TD (I'm a really slow builder)  ;)

Brian- That is pretty much what I accepted since those where the people who grew up when the trilogy was released. Right now the typical trooper would be 35.7 years old according to the poll but since I haven't got any exact ages I believe it should be a little more actually.  :)

Adam - Ah yes, forgot you were 17. 7 months, plenty of time to finish your armor. It would be pretty sweet to get your 501st approval right on your 18th birthday!

I don't think there will be many more votes to the poll so I'll finish by determining that an average trooper is roughly 13288.9 days young with leap years accounted for.

Live long and prosper :duim:

Edited by TheKido

(I also took the liberty to look through 100 pages (it was actually on page 100) on the board for finding the last age check and back in 2008 when that poll was done the age was roughly 34.5 years which would be 2 years less than today which makes sense  ^_^)

Edited by TheKido

Got my first armor when I was 24 and only had the funds for it, because I was on tour in Afghanistan. Its been kindof a "tradition" ever since, to buy armor, while on tour, because of the extra funds and fewer expenses I have in that period ;)