just a thought

shinnco

The other day one of people I hang out with asked "Why in the hek do you spend all that cash and waist all that time with that Star Wars $#@^." So I sed to him " When was the last time you put a grin on the face of every person you met, or made some kids day just by standing their. Or how many time have you and some of your friends stud out in the cold at a game store for most of a day because the oner is going to donate 10% of the days profit to a charity . I mask my voice, I cover my face, and I go by a number, so don't tell me I do it for the recognition." All he could say was I never thought about like that."

And to you I say, I love my white plastic with all my hart and if I have to stand out in the cold in a spandex body suit and some disco boots to make just one little kids day I will do every weekend (plus it a hole lot of fun) and I know most if not all of the members of the FISD and the 501st feel the same way.

If this is out of line or in the wrong spot mods you cam move it or delete it but thought i would share it.

Ryan TK6939!

As an older member, I'm past caring what the peanut gallery has to say. Telling them about the good works we do usually shuts them up but other than that you might suggest they tell it to MySpace for a more sympathetic audience.

As an older member, I'm past caring what the peanut gallery has to say.

Roger that. If they don't like it it's their issue, not mine.

Ryan, you gave a better answer than I ever would.

When my brother asked me why I have TK armour, I looked at him straight in the eye and exclaimed, "Look what the rebels did to the Death Star! Look at what they tried to do to Darth Vader! We have to be ready! WE HAVE TO STOP THEM!!!..."

My brother just looked at me and changed the subject to the weather.

:duim::duim::duim::duim:

The other day one of people I hang out with asked "Why in the hek do you spend all that cash and waist all that time with that Star Wars $#@^." So I sed to him " When was the last time you put a grin on the face of every person you met, or made some kids day just by standing their. Or how many time have you and some of your friends stud out in the cold at a game store for most of a day because the oner is going to donate 10% of the days profit to a charity . I mask my voice, I cover my face, and I go by a number, so don't tell me I do it for the recognition." All he could say was I never thought about like that."

And to you I say, I love my white plastic with all my hart and if I have to stand out in the cold in a spandex body suit and some disco boots to make just one little kids day I will do every weekend (plus it a hole lot of fun) and I know most if not all of the members of the FISD and the 501st feel the same way.

If this is out of line or in the wrong spot mods you cam move it or delete it but thought i would share it.

Ryan TK6939!

Noble thing to do. I would like to do that, it is wealth to one's soul. No money can buy that kind of wholesome feeling that you are helping the needy without the desire for recognition or acolades. Your heart and character in this is my favourite :P

Damn straight! It's always someone who dose nothing! for anyone but them selfs Or the thought of helping someone else has never passed there mind that has some type of rude comment!

HEhehee, very well said Chazz. :)

Some people don't understand because no passion for anything.

They get up, goto work, come home, have food, goto bed

You get the idea. So people like this, with no passion for anything, can't understand a life outside the ordinary.

To me the most beautiful people around are those with passion flowing through their veins. Whatever floats their boat, at least something does and you can see it on the their faces when they talk about it.

My passions are Star Wars and road race cycling. when I talk about them I usually get people interested just because of my enthusiam I guess? It rubs off

PS: Kill him :)

I agree, there are alot of people out there that are passionate about nothing. I have a freind that used to be as big a Star Wars fan as me...but in the last few years he's come extremly cynical about everything. He hates his job, hates his life and does care about doing very much of anything. I realized that he was suffering from real Physiological Problems last year when he told me he thought Annie Hall was a better movie than Star Wars...that's when I realized he was truely a member of the walking dead, and needed to get some help...We've suggested that he see a doctor and perhaps get some medicatiion that could perhaps make him feel better...but he denies anything is wrong.