Long Hair and Buckets

Long hair gives me a bunch of problems. At school, since I have long hair, Im a drug-addict hippy which all the teachers hate. I have to take a little extra care of it. My school threatens to send me to detention for long hair. But I love it, because its just... me. Will it get caught, pulled, or make me dreadfully sweaty and hot in my future stormtrooper bucket? :unsure: I know, its a stupid question, but I REALLY want to keep my hair. Thanks.

James

I think that the schools should really stop worrying about a kids look and worry more about if they are getting educated or not. If they would focus more time on the academic part instead of worrying over what a kid is wearing or how long his hair is, kids today would be so much happier and smarter. I mean seriously, WTF difference does it make if his hair is long or short? TEACH THEM NO MATTER WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE! I don't think they get after girls for having.....GASP dare I say....short hair?!? Ok. I'm done ranting for now. Carry on.

Also. I would believe that it depends on what type of interior you will have in your helmet. You will possibly get it caught on a hard hat liner but I'm just speculating. And I'm pretty sure that you will sweat in it, whether or not you have long hair. That's why most people opt to put in fans to draw in cooler air. Search this site and you will find many ways of going about this. Hope this helps.

:salute::trooper:

Keep you're long hair. When I was physically able to have long hair the military wouldn't let me. Since getting out I'm folicaly challenged. There certainly are other long hair troopers (men and women) so it can be done.

Sorry to hear you live in a police state school system. You'd think with how the US stacks up educationally against the rest of the world reading and writing would take precedence over hair length.

Thanks guys, that helps lots! Ill try to keep it in a hood or something. Thanks.

James

I have long hair too! :lol: I had so much trouble keeping my hair within a hair net and inside my Stormtrooper bucket. My buddy TK 9609 from the Georgia Garrison gave me a "hair-saver" - a face mask/hoodie called a Balaclava. Kangol makes a nice one with a larger face opening. Check it out!

Michelle

James -

Keep your hair long.

There are three reasons why guys grow their hair long: 1) because they can; 2) because they can; and 3) because they can.

As a former longhair, I know that people really gave me grief as I was growing it out (as if they could change it), but once it was long enough (below shoulder length) they accepted it and shut up.

Tie it/roll it when wearing the bucket. If you have an FX helmet, you ought to be able to park a car in it too. It's not as if short-hairs are cooler in armour - they're sweating bullets as well.

Depending on how long we're talking... A long, curved hair clip or barrette, convex side toward your neck, clip your hair, then flip it up and use more barettes or bobby pins to hold it in place. That gives you the flattest noggin. Then a balaclava over all to hide it.

--Jonah