Mr. No-Stripes

armoredguard

After Han, Luke, Chewie get in the elevator to go to the detention area, a group of 10 Stormtroopers walk by in 5 rows of 2. Row #4 on the wall side is a No Stripes......

Hall%20after%20Elevator.jpg

.....and is seen chilling out around other parts of the Death Star as well......  ;)

no_stripes_zps1cb2373f.jpg

But, we all know his most famous scene is this one:

Leia%20Stun.jpg

I just talked to a friend who works in the movie busines (Assistent Director). If there's a rather large crowed of people, they're not referred to by name, but by adistinctve feature on their costume. 

AD: "For the next scene, Sleepy Eye and No-stripes".

I think in Star wars Canon it must be the FNG that did not get stripes, so the rebels could shoot him first!  You had to EARN your stripes!  lol

I think the lid looks unfinished, but I can see it's appeal.  And it is so obviously in the movie multiple high profile shots, I do not see why it should not be allowed.

The sith lords have a similar issue with the cape hook on ESB vader armor.  They are dead set against allowing for it even though there are multiple shots of a hook on the Vader armor in ESB.  The argument is that that was the Stunt Suit, and for Vader they are after the 'As Intended" I.E. the Hero Suit not the stunt double suit.  Granted a faceless TK is a little different than a Main character.

I just don't get it. There's EU bounty hunters and so forth in the 501st who had to stretch to find the 3 pieces of official things to become "official costumes" in the Legion, and yet here's a type of TK that is plainly seen all over ANH from beginning to end, and discovered 3 of them blasted by Luke and Han and a 4th one still running around the movie after that.....and he doesn't count as a 501st TK, they keep saying? A type of Stormtrooper seen on screen is not "canon" enough, even though he's everywhere in all the major TK scenes throughout the entire movie, and even has a speaking line? Makes no sense to me at all.  :huh: 

Keep pushing it may happen.  Until recently the 16 stripes on the left side of the Move Along Sandtrooper was not allowed either (said 9-15 in the CRL).  And he has to be the most recognizable Sandy out there.

Thankfully after a few of us who wanted to make that particular Sandy got shut down by our GML's we were able to convince the powers that be to change it.

So hang in there...

:duim:

Edited by rhapsodyred99

I don't know the 501st rules but if I was trooping I would probably go against some the CRL's requirements. If I see it on screen then that is what I would troop in. I don't like idealised and I don't like anyone telling me things are not right when they are seen on screen. I would troop Mr. No Stripes and also Mr. Jelly Legs, so there :lol:

• Like 1

I don't know the 501st rules but if I was trooping I would probably go against some the CRL's requirements. If I see it on screen then that is what I would troop in. I don't like idealised and I don't like anyone telling me things are not right when they are seen on screen. I would troop Mr. No Stripes and also Mr. Jelly Legs, so there :lol:

My GML is super old school 501st (almost since it started) and fully agrees with what you also just said about "if it is seen on screen, it is canon". I made all the same points to him about the helmet that I have made here in this thread back when I first got my TK, and he even had more points about the Mr. No Stripes helmet to add to it on top of what I told him.

Edited by MisterFett

One of the purposes of choosing "a standard" for CRLs is consistency. It was decided long ago that the prop/wardrobe department's mistakes were not to be considered "consistent" and therefore they are not considered standard. Mr. Nostripes is prevalent due to filmmaking techniques, not because GL wanted inconsistencies in his galactic marine uniforms. So we take the standard from what was intended and what we see the most of ("majority" - there, I did it for Karin!) as opposed to isolating errant TKs as individuals.

We often joke when a part falls off or something that we can fix it with duct tape because "it's canon" when truthfully it's only "caught on film" but not necessarily what was intended. Personally I don't like standing next to taped-up troopers - they look like shoddy armor jobs and falling apart mistakes, not "canon."

That said, I wouldn't mind some jelly thighs if they were consistently shiny with my plastic. :D I often think neoprene with a gloss/latex coating could look decent...