Mr. No-Stripes

armoredguard

Ok so was looking at some random things and noted about 6 instances in anh where a tk has no tube stripes ive decided this is amazing and want to do it, so the real reason of this post is should I get a second bucket ordered for this or can a good enough case be made for no stripes to make it an optional addition? Thanks.

You wouldn't be the first to want to make Mr No stripes helmet, and plenty have done so for display. But you cannot gain 501st membership with such a helmet as it is considered a mistake of the prop department rather than an intended look of the helmets.

I have also built a "no stripes", and even if it's really a mistake, it's a pitty that it can't be approve because it's became a popular Trooper years after years ^^

Maybe a reflection can be made about this specific character due to his popularity and his legitimity (appearences in the movie, the blister of the toy and many pictures) ?

Exactly my point neo if popularity is high enough as well as tasteful appearance why couldn't it be authorized? To my knowledge correct me if im wrong I probably am but arent they kill stripes anyway? It could turn into "troop stripes" ie you paint one more every troop you attend sort of like deployment stripes of the U.S. military. I think its doable but thats just the enthusiasm talking.

This has been discussed many times over, and no it won't be approved because it was a mistake during production. But make a display if you like. No one will stop you.

I've always thought of the tube stripes as their way of illustrating a kind of vent on either side of the helmet for some imaginary breathing apparatus.

• 4 weeks later...

If I go to troops in my TK costume, it's always in my No Stripes helmet. Because if there's a crowd of us, I can instantly pick me out.  ;) But then again.....my Snowtrooper is also the one Snowtrooper seen on the set of ESB missing his center red button on his chestplate (which is the chestplate they used on the Magic Of Myth display). My Garrison CO tells me....."Always gotta be the rock star, don't you?" :P  

My GML asked me to send him "a pic of a No Stripes" in case anyone on the Legion Membership group had any issues. I sent him like 15 pictures......

-On Tantive IV

-On the Death Star

-On the Millennium Falcon

-In the Special Edition with cgi Stormtroopers behind him

-On the front of 5 different action figure packages (not to mention a whole lot of other Star Wars merchandise released at the time)

There's even one scene on the Death Star where in movie continuity there's 2 of the No Stripes guys in the movie scene at the same time. Yeah, it's probably due to editing, but in the movie "canon" (which everyone around here seems to count as #1)....2 No Stripes actually exist in the same room at the same time.  ;) When Vader is talking to the officer outside the Falcon, there's a No Stripes in the group behind Vader (in the classic photo we've all seen) and another No Stripes right behind the officer Vader is talking with.

Also a No Stripes was seen walking through the inside of the Falcon with a DLT-19 rifle.

Heck, he's even the one TK that stun-beamed Leia and had a speaking line: "She'll be alright. Inform Lord Vader we have a prisoner". On the Death Star, a No Stripes is seen chasing Han and Chewie while at the same time on a different part of the Death Star (in movie canon), another No Stripes is seen shooting at Luke and Leia across the chasm before they swung across. Then, there's a No Stripes again in the group that the main characters are shooting at right in front of the Vader and Obi-Wan lightsaber duel before the Falcon leaves.

Someone once told me...."He's super cool. He's like the Boba Fett of Stormtroopers !!!".....and since I have been a Boba Fett costumer since 1999, I'll take that as a compliment and will continue to troop events in my No Stripes helmet, and if my 501st TK designation gets yanked because of it, that is just dumb because he's perhaps the most well known Stormtrooper of them all. 

Edited by MisterFett
  • Like 1

Last night just for fun, I slow-moed through some of the other TK scenes that aren’t a No Stripes “main scene†I knew of him, and found him again in that group of 5 rows of 2 walking down the Death Star hallway immediately after Luke, Han, Chewie get on the elevator to head to the detention area. Row #4 on the wall side. I'd be able to tell for sure if I had Blu-Ray and a big HD screen.  :lol:

In the “Luke, we’re gonna have company†scene, as the TK’s blow the hole in the door of the detention area to get the heroes, I noticed the first TK through the door that gets shot by Han is a No Stripes. So, that makes 3 predominant scenes where a No Stripes TK gets shot by the heroes. The other two scenes being when Han is chasing the group of TKs down the hallway (though none of them have No Stripes helmets during that running scene), when he gets around the corner to the end (in the Special Edition, the part they put the cgi TKs behind the original group), the one TK right in front Han shoots is a No Stripes. Then again when the heroes are running to the Falcon during the Vader/Obi-Wan lightsaber battle, Luke shoots 3 of the 5 TKs there, and the second one to get shot is a No Stripes.

So, counting the movies as the true “canonâ€, besides the scene I mentioned in my last post where there were two different No Stripes guys in the same room at the same time, over the course of the time spent on the Death Star, Han killed two No Stripes TKs, and Luke killed a third one.  Thus showing us that "production error" or not, in the canon world of the original movie as seen on screen, there were a bunch of TKs running around the Death Star with no tube stripes on their helmets. They're all over the movie once you go looking for them.  :jc_doublethumbup:  ;)

It's still only 1 helmet that was used in multiple scenes.

The scenes where you see several of him at once are digitally added in the special editions.

Here Mr No Stripes is the same helmet as in Tantive IV, but most of the others are added ROTJ-style promo suits. I don't have the theatrical release on my computer to show a comparison of the same scene as it was originally made, but I'll try to remember to have a look at it later.

Screenshot from 2013-04-25 16:48:17.png

Yep. That's one of the shots I was referring to. One of the 3 times No Stripes is killed during the movie, in different locations. :lol:

It's kind of funny since we know they made what...like 50 TK helmets for ANH, that No Stripes is seen in almost all the main TK scenes throughout the whole movie. That's why I think he's cool. He's different than the rest.....well, except Gap Tooth helmet. He also is different than the rest in his own way.

Notice how he is always getting blasted?

I think it is safe to say he was one of the three main stunt guys. We know Peter Diamond had the middle tooth missing so it was probably one of the other two (Jim Dowdall or Reg Harding?)

Edited by troopermaster
  • Like 1

Notice how he is always getting blasted?

I think it is safe to say he was one of the three main stunt guys. We know Peter Diamond had the middle tooth missing so it was probably one of the other two (Jim Dowdall or Reg Harding?)

So if No Stripes was a 501st member, his designation for sure would be the one called TK-Stormtrooper: ANH Stunt.

Which is what I've been saying all along. B)  Thanks for the info on the stunt guys names, troopermaster. I didn't know of any other names besides Peter Diamond. :duim:

Latex would be possibly, since they used it for the hand guards ;)

Some with plaster bucks could easily apply a skin of latex onto the bucks.

Put the tigh mold into a box, fill it up with latex, and wait for an hour. 

Pour the latex back into the container, and voila, your have a 2 mm skin of latex on the buck.

Before anyone asks: I won't do it, because I don't want to sculpt thigh armor and recast those parts is out of the question.

The "two No Stripes in the same room at the same time" scene I mentioned earlier (even though yeah it's probably the same helmet shot at different times  :lol: ).....when Vader was talking to the officer outside of the Falcon:

nostripesb_zps0e7dd195.jpg

......and finishes that conversation with "I sense something. A presence I've not felt since....." and walks off...... Right behind Vader as he leaves are these guys:

ANH_troopers_zpsaf3cda8f.jpg

Soon thereafter, yet another No Stripes (this time with a DLT-19 rifle and no E-11 holster) goes strolling through the Falcon....

Untitled-1copy_zpsccf8de07.jpg

.......and who can forget his classic moment in the "Close the blast doors! Open the blast doors!" scene?  :lol:

nostripe02_zpsae9b82f7.jpg