NE armor build thread

Good! Otherwise it ends up like the whispering game where the message gets more and more distorted the further it goes. Always stay as close to the original as possible. Only look at replicas if you really can't find an original reference. But our gallery is so exhaustive now that I really don't think there is anything you can't get a good look at (unless you are replicating a specific trooper).

Good! Otherwise it ends up like the whispering game where the message gets more and more distorted the further it goes. Always stay as close to the original as possible. Only look at replicas if you really can't find an original reference. But our gallery is so exhaustive now that I really don't think there is anything you can't get a good look at (unless you are replicating a specific trooper).

Right on. I want as much advise as I can get from the staff.....I'm not going to be sensitive to critiquing. I want this to be the best it can be for my build.....thanks again for checking out the thread.....

Don't be afraid to ask me personally if you need help with a detail. But try to find it yourself first. You might learn something new in the process that is completely unrelated at the time but you will have use for later on. Unfortunately I don't have the time to follow all build threads from start to end.

Don't be afraid to ask me personally if you need help with a detail. But try to find it yourself first. You might learn something new in the process that is completely unrelated at the time but you will have use for later on. Unfortunately I don't have the time to follow all build threads from start to end.

Right on. Will do...Thanks Mathias....

Yup. That sums it up. Try to remove as much as you can of the material on top and below the boxes, redo the belt corners and put the covers at the very end of the belt so they line up end to end.

Thanks for this tip! While ordering the fabric belt for my own NE kit I was thinking that at 9.9cm untrimmed, the plastic belt was way larger than the fabric one. It looks like it will trim down to 8.6cm or so, which will look better with the 7.6cm belt.

OK....cover strips to thighs...trim down shoulder straps.....trimmed down belt and put rivet covers in proper spots

20130524_203219_zps5129c913.jpg

TK Clamps full endorses the excessive use of clamps!!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

Agreed. You can take a lot of that off. It will be more comfortable and more accurate.

I was thinking this might be uncomfortable if kept like this.....and the photos shows trimmed way back in comparison. ...cool. will trim back ....thanks for looking out guys

The underarms looks like a recast of an RS armor. Or is it just mee? Nice bild by the way! ;-)