Looking for an armourer

gamjuven

I hate creating new threads but I can't find anything similar with the search function. I was told by someone else to post in the forums asking if there is anybody willing to build a stormtrooper costume for me (obviously getting paid to do it). I am just not handy and am not willing to ruin a costume. Please don't be offended or anything I'm not trying to troll or anything like that, I just would really like to become a member but my options are to buy an outfit ready to wear (haven't found any for sale yet), or hire someone to make a set for me.

I have contacted CFO and RSpropmasters but they are out of my budget or don't ship to US.

If anybody could direct me to someone that provides that service or be willing to do it themselves it'd be much appreciated. I'm about 6' and 190-200 pounds, athletic build, and I live in Pittsburgh, PA. I am looking to spend around $1k on a Stormtrooper suit. If this thread is in the wrong section I apologize and please feel free to delete this or move it to the appropriate section.

Thanks in advance!

Here you got the best you can get:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

do it yourself, its not hard, ask questions and peps will help, trust me thats the way i did it :)

I agree with Fredrik. With just a few simple tools, mainly a clamp asst. and two or three small hand tools, it can come together pretty easily. Just ask for help along the way and many of us will talk ya through it and offer advise. The money you save can go a long ways toward other incidentals like your blaster or up graded pieces!

Hi, Brad! :)

Nobody is offended, that's for sure, but we do generally encourage you to build it yourself. It is not anywhere near as difficult as I expected (and I have zero "shop skills" to speak of... when I started, anyway). Not only will you save money but the pride of knowing you built something like that goes a lot farther. Also, when you have someone build it for you, it never fits just right, and you end up having to undo and redo some or much of it, which doesn't save you much of anything.

The best thing you can do is get some armor and while waiting hook up with people in your local garrison. A lot of garrisons have armor parties where you can go and watch others build, which builds your own confidence; you can ask questions and make some friends who can help you later when your armor arrives. And those are the people you'll be trooping with, so it's good all around.

The forums here are also fantastic, just look at tutorials and other people's build threads, and ask questions as needed. :) When i built my AP armor I had no one, not even my husband would help, and I was too afraid to get to know my garrison buddies, so I was solo, unskilled, and survived ENTIRELY by living on this web site :)

Cheers!

Ingrid

I'm probably not going to make my own. I have zero interest in doing that really. I don't have the tools nor the time to dedicate to do it correctly. I don't want to sound lazy I just simply do not have the time to build armor. When I got into the hobby miniature gaming I had no interest in painting either. Everyone always said you will learn to love it and that's where you can feel really proud of what you did but I hated it. I just wanted my finished models painted for me. I liked playing the game and coming up with armies and stuff but that portion of the hobby did not interest me. Same with this. I really want to troop around and make people smile, but I don't want to dedicate all my spare time making the armor. I do too many other things. Again please don't be offended, I don't mean to insult anyone. What you do and what you like to do is your thing, and that's awesome, and I hope you love it. Making the armor just isn't going to be my thing.

Like you said it's possible if I get some armor that I meet new people (I am an extrovert), become friends, and that inspires me or leads me to other options, but I'm definitely gonna need that first armor set to begin that route, lol.

Check the for sale section of this form, there's more stormtroopers than anything in the legion, someone is bound to have a completed set that'll fit you up for grabs

I have been watching it. There isn't anything that I can see there yet. There was not that long ago it looks like, so maybe something new will go up soon.

There's the other detachments if you want to expand to a sandtrooper, or black armor like me there's spec ops. But straight up stormtrooper here is your best bet. I do know there are black kits available, but they aren't assembled, I used pandatroopers build thread as a guide when assembling mine.

I can build armor that fits and has been approved without needing major mods

I've made 20 or more.

I use detailed measurements of you entire body

arms legs torso neck forehead ect.

the arms must be measured both bent and unbent

as are the legs.

the measurements determine the armor type and assembly method.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

I usually make AP or ATA armors (2 ata and 17 AP so far) and that does not count the 3 suits I own 1ata 2ap

I take your detailed measurements and make armor

if you are small enough to fit inside

you have to have the right body type

snap plates and an adjustable harness

person 1

K5l7q4F.jpg

person 2 shows inside

CKtltMs.jpg

such harsh thinking? not very helpful? but also very viking!

I' also have nordic blood... but mine has cooled a bit! :laugh1::smiley-sw013:

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Now now, Fredrik, he has every right to want pre-built armor :)

(As for my own nordic blood, well, it has been completely thinned by this "perpetual lack of winter" problem in So Cal.)

you are not the only one with passion. it's understandable.

no worries.

it's true that vikings do fight better than englishmen... but that's another story?

hehehe

Quite alright Fredrik. I meant no offense. Making armor is just not something I'm interested in.

Thanks for the offer Jay but I'm not sure how feasible that's going to be. I'd have to dedicate an entire day going just one time, let alone the several days that it would take to make the armor. That doesn't really seem like fun to me (again please don't take that as an insult to you). I haven't done it before so I obviously can't say that for sure, but I do not get joy out of cutting and measuring things. I don't even really get a feeling of accomplishment after finishing a job like that. After doing any job somewhat similar to that (painting, cutting and measuring trim for windows/floor boards/dry wall, really any type of house thing I've done), I have not enjoyed the process nor have I liked the end result. In the end I have always felt like I would have rather just spent some extra money and had someone make it/do it for me. I don't want to take away from anyone who enjoys doing it, and please don't take offense. I'm not trying to insult anyone who enjoys making their own armor. Great for them and wish them all the happiness in the world. I just don't like it myself.

I'm Scottish, Irish, German, and English. There's probably some Viking in there like everyone has some Viking in them (they were awesome and went everywhere), but sadly it's probably all recessive genes.