Kickstarter projects

Dday

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57568554-1/$11-million-sought-to-build-x-wing-counter-kickstarter-death-star/

what these people don't realize is that kickstarter is getting rich off holding these peoples money in escrow. sure when the project fails to get enough, the people get their money back, but in the mean time kickstarter is getting fat off of a joke. Lucky them.

this is why the rich get richer, I would never in a million years thought of that lol. use other peoples money to make money. whats the old saying? A fool and his carsh are soon parted? theres a sucker born every minute.

this is why the rich get richer, I would never in a million years thought of that lol. use other peoples money to make money. whats the old saying? A fool and his carsh are soon parted? theres a sucker born every minute.

Well it's not really new is it? I mean it's what Banks do more or less.

not to mention the stupid people who are dumb enough to think that there is a real chance to build a death star or an x-wing and the idiots who are stupid enough to give money towards it. Are they completely mad? Of course kickstarter is going to get rich. IF it were my company I would encourage everyone to start stupid projects so I made more money.

You do know that's why people start companies right? to make money? Why would we be surprised that a company makes money off of other peoples money?

I'm not talking a true escrow account, but rather using that word.

when you chip into or join a kickstarter project, or any other crowd-scourcing website, they take the money right away. then then hold it in a pot for the project. AKA, a bank account of some sort. When the project reaches it's goal, the project people get the money. If it doesn't reach it's goal, the money gets returned to the owners.

So, for however long that money is sitting, the website owners are making that money on interest.

I have no problem with them making money. like you said Tray, a business is a business. I just have a problem with all these people thinking they are playing in a marry little joke when they are in fact just making someone rich because they dind't think about what happens to their money in the mean time. The mindless masses. So kickstarter makes money off the money sitting in an account for the project, then don't they get a fee as well on top of that if the project goes ahead?

yeah, it is funny that a joke is in fact making kickstarter rich. Man I wish I was the creator of that site.

It does surprise me that Kickstarter actually approved those projects.

So you're telling me they think they can build a death star for 20 million and an X-Wing squad for 11 million?

I don't know how that would ever be possible but if they found a way to make it so, I wish they would share it with the world because it could mean the end of all debts around the world lol

Edit: disregard that.. I should've read the whole article... the stretch goal is to build a squadron of X-wings for $4,485,672,683.. lol really?

Edited by svache

Why do you think bank transfers take days in the US and are done instantly (between different banks) in the Netherlands (my old country), for example? It's a matter of holding your money hostage in a void of some sort, meanwhile they're investing things and making money with your money.

I've see so many of those examples since I live here, at first I got straight out pissed about it, now I just come to accept it because the general public just doesn't seem to be bothered about it that they get screwed over by so many multinationals :/