Carbon fiber is cool and all but...

svache

$3500? Really???

http://store.carbonfibergear.com/carbon-fiber-stormtrooper-helmet-as-seen-on-pawn-stars-1-of-1

And they actually sold it too... Crazy!

They first tried to sell it in a pawn shop on the History Channel: http://www.history.com/shows/pawn-stars/videos/pawn-stars-hair-force-one#pawn-stars-hair-force-one ...they asked 4000! Even the 1000 they offered was too much if you ask me.

Thanks to Mr. Gardner for posting this on the Legion boards (yup, I stole it :lol: )

Whoever paid 3500 for it is either an moron or really really likes Star Wars and carbon fiber. Nothing about that helmet makes me want it and the idea that someone was crazy enough to spend that much... I'm guessing they have no idea.

It isn't even accurate. Now if they did it with a SA helmet maybe, but an MR recast? ugh. I hope whoever bought it loves it because that's just a waste. Sure it is a fun idea, but it is useless.

CF is expensive, its 2 times lighter than steel and 6 times stronger. A cf hood for your car runs about $600, this bucket is only around $200 worth in materials, it has to be baked in a vacuum not like fiberglass which hardens on its own. there were 3 full suits made, the workers at that cf company said the cost would be about the same as "a nice car". But yeah that's too much for just the helmet :P

Those full suits are nice though.. but yeah, if they ask so much for the helmet alone, it makes me wonder how much they want for the whole suit lol

They say in the article that was written that you could buy a nice car for the price of the suits.

Depends on your definition of a nice car.. I know people who like 500 dollar civics while I drive something german lol

I'm calling BS on the "price of a nice car" bit.

I'm currently building the car body sides, hoods, fenders and deck lids for the Aston Martin Vanquish . Granted they are carbon composite but the whole set ( 90% ) of the cars body comes in at around the same price as they were asking for that monstrosity . And The Aston is a damn site bigger than that lid, and the tooling involved vastly more expensive.

That things worth £500 tops for novelty value.... If based on an accurate lid and not a Rubies.