TKBoots sizing solution

I have an idea to solve the "my shoe size is x and a half, but hear tkboots run big, should I get x size" conundrum. (I came up with this because im between 10 and 11 and don't know what size I should order.)

If you kindly would take a sole out of your tkboot, put it on a blank printer paper, trace around with a marker, tape a ruler to the paper, scan it and post the image here.

This way anyone can download/ print the image (using the ruler in the printed image as a guide to match with real life rulers for 100% scale) If we get every size, just print and plant your foot and youll know what size to order :)

Sounds like a good idea, not sure if I can post the full size picture, I think it may be over the maximum posting size and will be reduce will give it a try, I will also post the link to the image here

This is for TK Boots size 10. Before I ordered them I did a bit of research and found a conversion table, I take AUS size 9 and the conversion was US size 10, these are a little big but as they do not come in 1/2 sizes I think the US 9 would have been too small.

tkboots10_zpsa7c1dad4.thumb.jpg.a5fd7e5e79b84ec5ff2dee3a6d435c29.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

How long is from heel to toe? The point of the ruler is so we can match up, an inch on the image equals an inch on my ruler after printing. this is in case the image doesn't come out full size, we can just stretch it in word or paint to actual scale, since paper sizes might vary

How long is from heel to toe? The point of the ruler is so we can match up, an inch on the image equals an inch on my ruler after printing. this is in case the image doesn't come out full size, we can just stretch it in word or paint to actual scale, since paper sizes might vary

Photo updated :duim:

Did you trace the inner sole (removable padding) or the actual bottom of the boot? Cuz if thats the inside then dammm they DO run big :P

Edit: guess I should've said "insole" in the first post, sorry, not too good with words lol

Edited by DizzyStormtrooper

Did you trace the inner sole (removable padding) or the actual bottom of the boot? Cuz if thats the inside then dammm they DO run big :P

I first traced the outer sole, then cut 5 mm away, put inside boot and rubbed around to get the inprint of the sides, trimmed again and tried inside, trimmed until I had a perfect fit. When I place my foot onto the template I have 1/2 an inch gap on the toes, as I said they are a little large but I will put in some padding to solve this :D .

Well I think i'm gonna order a 10 then :) thanks for the help. Maybe more people will post the bigger sizes for others. I wish it was this easy with motorcycle helmets :P

Hopefully we can get a full thread with other sizing, it would be good for future reference :salute:

On 1/6/2013 at 9:41 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

[...] This is for TK Boots size 10. [...]

Well... I can't believe I've just pressed my bare foot on my screen to see if size 10 fits me ^^ !!! Wish I have a printer :P

I can get a size 13 and an 8 (i think...) It might take a few days, cause I'm lazy.

I'm the 13 and my hubby is the 8. Errr, was that the other way around?

I get so confused... been smelling too much E6000 lately!

I can get a size 13 and an 8 (i think...)

That would be great Jenny, the more sizes on here the better :duim:

I get so confused... been smelling too much E6000 lately!

You know in the fine print it says "may cause cancer", don't breath in too much :laugh1:

You know in the fine print it says "may cause cancer", don't breath in too much :laugh1:

Between cat litter dust, hair spray, and e6000... I should have sprouted some horns by now. :P

I have roughly a size 10 1/2 foot and bought a size 11 TK boot...with a set of Dr Scholl's inners and thick black socks they fit very comfortably...I preferred to not have my toes go all the way to the end of the boot and get squashed together...the inside of my boot measures 11 3/4 inches from heel to toe...

Edited by Oztrooper

Thanks Jenny, that size seven seems a bit weird, inner looks like it would be 10 1/4 inches on the tape, my size 10 came up as 11 1/2 inches on tape. I cut paper and fitted inside the boot, that could be the difference.

Thanks Jenny, that size seven seems a bit weird, inner looks like it would be 10 1/4 inches on the tape, my size 10 came up as 11 1/2 inches on tape. I cut paper and fitted inside the boot, that could be the difference.

i can re-do the size 7... hubby was wanting to leave, and i was rushing around. :)

i can re-do the size 7... hubby was wanting to leave, and i was rushing around. :)

I know it's a bit of mucking around but if you coulld try to cut a piece of paper slightly larger than your foot then place it inside the boot, run your fingers around inside this will make an imprint on the paper then cut and try fitting inside again, this will give a better guide to the size inside the boot, which I think you will find different to the way you have measured them. Thanks Jenny :D

On 1/20/2013 at 5:54 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

I know it's a bit of mucking around but if you coulld try to cut a piece of paper slightly larger than your foot then place it inside the boot, run your fingers around inside this will make an imprint on the paper then cut and try fitting inside again, this will give a better guide to the size inside the boot, which I think you will find different to the way you have measured them. Thanks Jenny :D

Hi Glen, I re-did the size 7. :P Um, my paper is a bit thinner on the width than the inside of my boot, but the length is good.

-----------

Hope we can get more boot sizes from Troopers.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed