Please help! Ab button plate/greeble melted

For some reason, after gooping the ab plate on, it partially 'melted' the next day, Now the plastic is so soft i cannot even hold any shape.

Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement fast for the ab button plate?

post-17904-0-45977600-1357046894.jpg

Edited by KaineT

For the sake of helping others in the future. What glue did you use to cause that to happen?

To address your question, try contacting the maker of your armor for one first as it will hopefully color match better.

Good luck.

My shoulder straps did that to with E6000. I was told it happens if you use too much at one time. Mine let the clamps sink into the plastic. It will harden but the damage is done by then. :(

White ABS. It is a RTMod kit. I used E2000 on all of my build, but on my shoulder straps I put glue between a spacer and the strap, then between the spacer and my chest plate as sort of a sandwich. I put a clamp on it over night and the next morning I found the deformation. To be fair I used more glue then on any where else due to the space I was trying to fill. When I inquired about it to the company they explained that as the hardening agent evaporated it sets but when there is ALOT and no place to evaporate to then it permeates the surrounding plastic and softens it. It will harden over time but you have to be careful in the mean time. Lesson learned on THAT one :)

Wow I have not had that happen with any of my armor, only thing to do is contact the maker as said above before

See, now that makes more sense to me. The guy I spoke with at the company seemed put out that I was calling in the first place and just rattlled off something to get off the phone. Either way it's a good idea to keep a watch out for this and use as little as possible to get the bond. It sucks to damage any armor!

just trying to imagine how much E6000 it took to melt that portion of the ab button plate. I would think you would only need to glue around the perimeter, and this has damage half way across.

Anywho, its unfortunate. Good luck in acquiring a replacement piece. Hoepfully the ab portion has no damage and its just the button plate.

cb

This is the goop I used. No no metal parts the thing didn't harden till now it's still soft, think the plastic has been eaten through... Also my armor manufacturer is no longer contactable. Long story; is there anyone else I can contact for replacement parts?

post-17904-0-60613700-1357147741.jpg

Who "was" your armor maker?

"GOOP is not recommended for use on Styrofoamâ„¢, polystyrene, polyethylene or polypropylene

plastics, aquariums or refrigeration units."

Contact one of the armorers listed here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Maybe they can help.

Edited by SubSkip

My armor maker is a private maker, according to my Garrison guys, it's supposed to be based off a shepperton but the molding is not the best. It was a gift from a friend so for my 1st TK it'll do... Material still should be ABS

Some armor makers offer single parts. For example ATA, RT-MOD and some others (contact here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/ )

But I don´t now if they exactly fit to this recast. Maybe it´ll need a little work.