R5SB's ANH Stunt Build WIP (TM)

** UKG deja vu warning!  ;) **

So here are some pics of my thigh pieces. I'm currently happy with the fronts (until I'm told otherwise) but I'd really like an opinion on the overall size/shape of the rest of the thighs. Looking at the pics myself I think that the left one could be a little tighter at the knee.

Opinions gratefully received. While I wait (patiently) for feedback I'll move onto the shins and other bits and bobs.

IMG_3088_zpsfc15a732.jpg

IMG_3096_zps6ed8a066.jpg

IMG_3107_zpsbe988c8e.jpg

DSC_0098_zps13d0bc8b.jpg

DSC_0104_zps2208b27a.jpg

DSC_0113_zps94cfd0f9.jpg

DSC_0114_zps4ede11ca.jpg

DSC_0117_zpsa7d1f98b.jpg

It really depends on how they fit your thighs, if they are not too snug you could take a little more off so your cover strips meet the ridges, if they fit fine then leave them as they are :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
*** UKG Deja Vu Warning ***

Hi all

Thought it was about time for a build update. Yesterday Si "SIMpixels" came over to help me and the anticipation of his visit was like finding out that Lord Vader was popping over to see how construction was going on the Death Star 2. 

Anyhow, with many thanks to Si's efforts and words of encouragement here are the pics (the six split rivets will be painted white in the not too distant future).

DSC_0549_zps215287a1.jpg

DSC_0548_zpsd2d3c2df.jpg

DSC_0546_zps1f55dcd1.jpg

DSC_0545_zps5789d57a.jpg

Here are the bits that I still need to trim...

DSC_0554_zps376560ae.jpg

Fortunately I have some excellent pictorial guidance from Billy H. of the UKG so hopefully won't go too far wrong.

Right, must get on.

... the anticipation of his visit was like finding out that Lord Vader was popping over to see how construction was going on the Death Star 2.

Surely I'm not THAT hard a taskmaster!? ;)

Glad we got your build a bit further on mate, just keep a focus on that ideal completion date and crack on.

November MEM beckons! :D

Si.

Surely I'm not THAT hard a taskmaster!? ;)

Not at all but your visit focused the build in a way that it hadn't been before. Hopefully the same will happen with the MEM date and the need to get cleared a week or two before that. I'll have some time on the armour this afternoon when the rest of the family are out, which is a bonus :)

Thanks again.

Andy

AMAZING work so far!!!! I can't wait to see how this all works out!!!!!

Thanks Steve. Hope to continue in the same way.

Better get a move on if you want it ready for MEM!

Good to see a nice placement of the rivets for once. You have them spot on :duim:

Keep cracking on the way you are and you should have no problems with clearance. Just don't take too long about it :P

Many thanks Paul. At least with a date in mind it's something to aim for. The 19th October was the anniversary of the arrival of the BBB which is a sad reminder of my slow progress and a subtle kick in the behind to get a move on! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Time for some more pics of my progress (apologies for their low quality).

Opinions about how the arms look would be especially appreciated although if you see any other issues that need addressing please let me know.

Photoon06-11-2013at2250_zpsc7e6a218.jpg

Photoon06-11-2013at22503_zps0101b559.jpg

Photoon06-11-2013at22514_zpscac7f0f4.jpg

Photoon06-11-2013at22515_zps3f958b81.jpg

Photoon06-11-2013at22512_zps12278d90.jpg

Finally I'd like to share my method of finding the position of the snap base placement, Blu Tack! Thankfully within a few millimetres of the position suggested on the relevant Bill-o-Gram :)

IMG_3657_zpsd3d4df8e.jpg

Cheers

*UKG deja vu warning :)

A few more pics from the build. This time of the sniper plate and questions about its ideal position and gluing points.

I've lined the part up to the what looks like the right positions on the sides but the front seems to be twisted in relation to the cover strip. Is this right or should I be trying to get the the front vertical instead?

Should I be gluing at the same points as the magnets are currently holding it or should I be gluing at the rim? Is the flat part glued to the cover strip? 

IMG_3706_zps87e5d73e.jpg

IMG_3708_zps0e525cd2.jpg

IMG_3707_zpsbb86cd36.jpg

Here is a pic of the completed belt. I'll be making the fabric part a bit whiter before approval using shoe/fabric whitener. Hopefully placement of rivets is okay. 

IMG_3703_zps8f81e275.jpg

Thanks in advance for any comments.

That's a good position for the knee plate, but I'd take off about another mm or two around the top and sides of it. You can see it sort of flares out and upwards a little when looking at it in profile (pic 2 being prime example of that).

(UKG... well, you know)

Progress continues on the build with only a few, minor* details needed to "complete" the armour (*shoulder bridges and their thin, white elastic, removing masking tape plus painting some of the rivets).

Before I do those things (tonight) I thought I'd try the whole thing on for some better pictures. Any comments for these would be useful. Couldn't help posing for the last pic (where I've "borrowed" SIMpixels belt holding stance).

DSC_0581_zps6c6729d8.jpg

DSC_0589_zps44d2d75e.jpg

DSC_0587_zps9cd6cc13.jpg

DSC_0585_zps017b7d34.jpg

DSC_0591_zps9896b8f2.jpg

DSC_0592_zpsa00a2746.jpg

DSC_0583_zps6c6e8bd2.jpg

Right, onto tonight's gluing and painting :)

That looks good! Well done!

Perhaps you could just bring the abdominal/kydney section a bit down. It would solve your kydney overlapping back problem and reduce a bit your thighs gap at the top. 

Thanks for your kind words. I noticed the gap at the top of my thighs (front) and the overlap of the back parts, as well. I'll leave them for now until I get some feedback from my local armorers about the fit and any potential clearance issues. If it gets clearance as it stands I'll be looking at improving the fit as I get Trooping.

Unfortunately in my haste to get some parts glued last night the results were not good enough. I'm re-gluing them now but that's another day gone.  :mellow:

Edited by R5SB