SIMpixels 2mm TM ANH Stunt Build

The day has finally arrived, I am now the proud owner of my first set

of armour and it's by the awesome fellow that is Troopermaster.

I have no doubt that I will be asking an abundance of questions and taking a

plethora of pictures, so let me begin by posting the obligatory brown box shots.

null_zps5a11aeba.jpg

And so it begins. :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with your build Si, im sure you will do a great job if your blaster is anything to go by.

I will look foward to seeing how you get on and perhaps see you in the EIB/Centurion section soon ;)

Thanks fellas.

Right. As I'd never attempted anything like this before I started with the drop box inners (with the idea that if I made a hash of it, it'd be hidden away.) Thankfully all went well and I completed both drop boxes fairly easily.

With my new found confidence I picked up my back panel and, with some reference pics open, began to pencil in my cut lines. Once satisfied I trimmed & sanded smooth.

Opinion time folks, do I need to cut any more off or are these edges about right?

B2F72A97-B038-496E-8451-F65DC715F772-7059-000008F8D045D9AE_zpsb090df82.jpg

Edited by SIMpixels

Keep the return edge to a minimum. The acrylic capped ABS is not really flexible and large return edges can attrack cracks if you flex it too much. I would only have about a 5mm edge everywhere. No need for larger edges like the original armour had that was there for the strapping brackets to attach to.

The back plate is a fairly static piece of the armour so you can probably leave it as it, but everywhere else will need less.

Keep the return edge to a minimum. The acrylic capped ABS is not really flexible and large return edges can attrack cracks if you flex it too much. I would only have about a 5mm edge everywhere. No need for larger edges like the original armour had that was there for the strapping brackets to attach to.

The back plate is a fairly static piece of the armour so you can probably leave it as it, but everywhere else will need less.

Good to know, thanks Paul. The edges here are about 5-6mm and the bottom is about 9mm at its widest in the middle.

Hi Si. I've only just seen your build thread(s) and now realise that you'll be white and shiny long before me. Please ask lots of "silly" questions so I don't have to! Good tip from Paul about return edge dimensions (5mm). I'll try and work out how to mark this up when I get a round toit.

Good luck and carry on!

I have now started trimming and fitting arm parts, right bicep first. As you'll probably tell from the pics, I don't have the biggest biceps in the world by any means. As it stands, it fits comfortably even when my arm is flexed.

But then, in a moment of self doubt, I thought I'd better upload a pic for comment on my return edges. Do they look good enough for me to continue in the same vein with the rest of my parts?

29C905ED-4326-418F-988D-2D38403B4BB9-10585-00000EFF009B9577_zps91b8b61c.jpg

If so, I'll glue my joining strips on.

After a few more days of trimming & gluing (then another weekend away), I'm back on track.

Here's my first test fit of the torso armour, apologies for the pics.

(shock, horror, photographer takes mirror selfies with his phone!!)

With those side gaps I won't be heading for EIB any time soon. Meh!

(I don't want to go down the shimming route, I prefer to go the slimming route).

Once I'm back down to my usual weight it'll fit a bit better, but here it is as of today.

1E5966EC-4620-4FE8-B4FF-451272C7ACFE-3043-000003099D24D2E5_zpsb1275cfd.jpg

Thoughts?

If the shim is glued, blended, sanded and polished it can look ok, but I am with you if they are just glued the do look a bit odd, would rather see the black. Just fitted mine and I thought I may have to widen mine as I have indulged in a lot of Christmas spirit of late, seems I will be fine LOL. Looking good keep up the good work :salute: