DVH E-11 blaster kit project

lol thanks Derrek! Hope your right! lol.

Thanks Jeff!

i will be continuing to post here as i finish up the casting of the last few parts.

The only large part left id the stock, which for now will be 1 piece, resin, non functioning.

Down the line, i will make aluminum/resin folding stock upgrade kits to have it function.

I just have these parts left to cast:

rear cap, the inner barrel parts, trigger, trigger guard and the selection switch. Most of these can be done in one day..just waitin for that last batch of rubber!

Thanks again for everyones support on thisd project! I hope everyone will enjoy these kits!

Im hoping to build myself a kit before i start taking payments so everyone can see one built. Just hope i have enough black resin for the one for myself lol.

What do you guys think about incuding an "instuction sheet" with the kit? I was thinking about doing that since there will be more parts than the doopy's kit. You guys think you'll need that?

Depending on the complexity of the kit, it might not be a bad idea, as there will always be questions on how a piece should go. You could also put a tutorial on how to build your kit on the forums, as you probably have one done, just need to splice and edit it...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a good idea. When i build mine, i will video it and post that up. Its not really TOO complicated but maybe the instruction sheet would be a good idea, if only to help with where the "bolts" go.

I agree, put up a tutorial here, and a link to a video build as well. then, when you send the order confirmation say "go here for instructions" Save a tree. Save you cost of adding a package of instructions, as for those who aren't on the website, it will help to drive people to whitearmor.com. Win's all around.

I agree, put up a tutorial here, and a link to a video build as well. then, when you send the order confirmation say "go here for instructions" Save a tree. Save you cost of adding a package of instructions, as for those who aren't on the website, it will help to drive people to whitearmor.com. Win's all around.

I like it. :)

Sorry if I missed any details but will this kit have moveable parts like a real Sterling? Trigger free to move? Not that I want to shoot anything, just want to know if it is exactly part for part you are casting and assembled as is. Or will there be some parts casted together ? Possible to include a counter bracket in the future too?

An instruction sheet would be useful if provided.

I like it. :)

I agree with this idea to use the site as a instruction - how to....and assembling one for yourself first will give you firsthand knowledge of any little nuances and "things to pay attention to" when assembling the blaster. Vern is a great source for blaster info..... I'm looking forward to Buying American...!

Sorry if I missed any details but will this kit have moveable parts like a real Sterling? Trigger free to move? Not that I want to shoot anything, just want to know if it is exactly part for part you are casting and assembled as is. Or will there be some parts casted together ? Possible to include a counter bracket in the future too?

An instruction sheet would be useful if provided.

At this time the trigger will be a separate piece, but not moveable. it will be the entire trigger though, with the hole for the pivot bolt. So you may be able to rig something up. The sterling trigger group is very intricate and if all the parts were resin they would just break. The group is an entire unit which is then placed into the handle that's welded to the body. So that's why its not as simple as some other kits would be. The grip handle itself will be very similar to doopy's except that the actual grip will be separate, like the real sterling.

I do have plans for the future to try and make it so you can make the trigger workable with something like a pivot bolt and a spring that when you pull the trigger it will activate a button for your electronics. But that will be a process that will require alot more thought, especially to keep it accurate looking without a bolt sticking out where it shouldnt be. so for now, it is static.

I agree with this idea to use the site as a instruction - how to....and assembling one for yourself first will give you firsthand knowledge of any little nuances and "things to pay attention to" when assembling the blaster. Vern is a great source for blaster info..... I'm looking forward to Buying American...!

Amen!

At this time the trigger will be a separate piece, but not moveable. it will be the entire trigger though, with the hole for the pivot bolt. So you may be able to rig something up. The sterling trigger group is very intricate and if all the parts were resin they would just break. The group is an entire unit which is then placed into the handle that's welded to the body. So that's why its not as simple as some other kits would be. The grip handle itself will be very similar to doopy's except that the actual grip will be separate, like the real sterling.

I do have plans for the future to try and make it so you can make the trigger workable with something like a pivot bolt and a spring that when you pull the trigger it will activate a button for your electronics. But that will be a process that will require alot more thought, especially to keep it accurate looking without a bolt sticking out where it shouldnt be. so for now, it is static.

Thanks. A workable trigger in the future would be great for electronics. This first edition set up does sound light years ahead anyway and will set a new standard for kits. Can't wait to see more pics and the test build you plan on doing. Saving my dough to get one! Keep up the great work!

lou. we need to share files and talk.

how about some google?

it's clear that lou intends to upgrade the kit over time.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

lou. we need to share files and talk.

how about some google?

it's clear that lou intends to upgrade the kit over time.

Indeed i do :)

You mean google messenger? i can do that :)

Just finished reading the thread, hoping there is still room on the first orders list! This is looking amazing Lou! Great work and same to all that have helped him out. :D

Edit for spelling

Edited by Spectre

Just finished reading the thread, hoping there is still room on the first orders list! This is looking amazing Lou! Great work and same to all that have helped him out. :D

Edit for spelling

Yep, sure is...its in the ongoing run section...i'll add ya to the list buddy!

ha sorry bro, but dont sweat it, literally as soon as this run is done, i will do another I just dont wanna get too ahead of myself so im limiting each batch. Most likely the resin will arrive tomorrow or Saturday and i will begin casting these.

Vern has decided to send me the scope and counter to take molds from so that will happen next week most likey. By then all the rest of the kit should be cast, So really the next run should be in Feb :)

Just as a note... the 1st run is going on now , and payments are being accepted.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/22600-dvh-e-11-blaster-kit-anh/page__st__40#entry284128

Edited by Darth Voorhees

a new gun for us TKCs i can't waite :smiley-sw013:

Dont know if i'll be doing any extended stocks, but i guess only time will tell!

GOOD NEWS! Resin has arrived! I will start full casting this weekend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...