Holster strap length?

bjsavage7

And how do you know that there was absolutely no tan showing at the edges of the holster? And I just showed you that the strap lengths varied. I'm not going to get sucked into more worthless arguments with you Vern. Either show us what some proof or be quiet.

the topic exists here because the trooper does not see the correct information in the CRL.

done deal.

argument? what argument.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

we have the film screen caps, the past CRL, and paul tm.

the measures were established before by other members of the FISD, and we also have 'scale' to consider for troopers who are

taller or shorter.

any past staff member should be able to provide the correct photo and measures.

I'd suggest a variable to allow short or long straps, in a set of numbers.

and I'd suggest a photo of the correct holster for the CRL.

just a series of observations and suggestions from me...

I'm sure someone with more expertise can make a stronger suggestion.

I'm in the process of making an ROTJ holster, so I could provide photos with different length strapping

to show the variable nature of the lengths?

Hi Vern, if you go back and re-read the one and only post from TM Paul, who also falls into the more experienced category, you will read is simple suggestion that a holster overall length shouldn't really be longer than your thigh.

This is a great suggestion to follow and also serves to address varying other length holsters that we see on ANH and ESB submissions.

It also helps direct builders to focus on form fitting Armour.

There are many decisions to make when building your Armour about cuts, shims, cover strip widths and now holster lengths. The best solution I've seen for tall, short, fat and skinny troopers is to build the Armour to suit your size frame.

At the end of the day, this is what always ends up looking best ;)

great example of a good post there phil! I totally agree that paul can help to interpret this screencap,

and mathias clearly shows that there are different lengths.

some short and some long.

star wars is filled with small differences.

my point is that the CRL should reflect statements about the longer strap

and show the correct photo. imho needs to be updated.

the trooper photo looks great! just the holster photo needs changing my my thought.

my only point is that we might show a measurement as the CRL did in the past?

as always I'm sure that paul can direct us to a series of numbers for the CRL!

when I make a holster for ROTJ I shoot for a 6.5 inch gap from the belt line to the holster top

so it really depends upon the belt line and the holster top.

is this a correct measure paul?

can this image suggest a distance from belt to top of holster at 6.5 inches?

does anyone see that the ab plate is strapped over the top of the chest plate in this screencap, and in others?

gallery_14191_7_222704.jpg

when I make a holster for ROTJ I shoot for a 6.5 inch gap from the belt line to the holster top

is this a correct measure paul?

I wouldn't say so, no. If the screen used drop boxes measure 4 1/2" tall, then the max distance of that particular troopers holster is 5". That is the longest I can see so far in ROTJ with other few being much closer.

so the range would be 4.5 - 5.5 inches in gap from belt to holster? with 1.5 inches extra at the top, and 3/4" at the bottom to

account for mounting?

adding up the distances: short 4.5+1.5=3/4 equals 6 3/4" total strap short long 5.5+1.5=3/4 equals 7 3/4" total strap long

does that sound more in line with the correct measures?

I wouldn't go more than 4" personally. Just becasue one trooper has these extra long straps doesn't mean we should follow his lead.

And for your ab strapped over the chest theory, it's simply because the parts have pulled out with all the running around....nothing more.

so that would make the strap 4 plus 1.5 plus 3/4" or 6 and 1/4 total strap length with added for mounting to holster and belt.

yeah I noticed that troopers handling luke, and the troops running away for the droids all have their ab's mounted over

the chest plate. it really looks like it.

I'm digging out my copy of ROTJ in blue ray to check on this now!

if you look closely at the sides in the droid forest photo you can see that the chest plate is indeed below on all 3 troopers.

luke surrenders

I see ab over chest in these photos?

also a lack of ab button paint on the main panel on both.

shows rubber gloves not sewn on.

ROTJscreencaps001.jpg

droids surrender front trooper.

clearly shows ab over chest.

ROTJscreencaps002.jpg

also when you look at the film, the holstered trooper running after, in different screen poses you could

go longer than 4" I'd venture to guess 5.5 inch gap for this forest trooper and 4.5 for the elevator troopers.

also note how high the belt line is on the kidney/butt... way above the anh standard.

all 3 troopers running after the droids have the same strapping situation with the ab over the chest.

when you watch it in slow motion, it's really clear!

the two troopers who enter the elevator with the commander after luke surrenders have the same length straps,

it's just their legs that are different sizes, from my view in frame by frame advance.

fun stuff to consider. from my viewpoint this clearly shows that the ab is over the chest in these shots.

just one of those things you catch when you look for it!

I used frame by frame advance, pause and my digital camera to do these shots on my ps3 with led tv

in closeup mode with no flash.

• 2 years later...

I am looking were can I get rotj holster? I am wandering if is necessary for centurion status

Yes you will need it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I wouldn't go more than 4" personally. Just becasue one trooper has these extra long straps doesn't mean we should follow his lead.

And for your ab strapped over the chest theory, it's simply because the parts have pulled out with all the running around....nothing more.

You can see clearly 2 troopers with the chest UNDER the ab plate on my screenshot.

You can see clearly 2 troopers with the chest UNDER the ab plate on my screenshot.

Right, but what Paul was saying was this just happened because they were running around in this scene--not because this was planned how their armor should be arranged.

In the Luke surrenders scene, the ab doesn't look over chest to me. Looks to me just like the trim on ROTJ armor at the bottom of the chest piece.