ATA lid warped?

Yeah, all of the screen accurate lids are warped and do not look right when you examine then closely for spacing and evenness.

Ā 

Basically, as long as the edge of your eye pretty much lines up on both sides with the trap on the dome, you've got the right placement.

Starwarshelmets.com (great site if you haven't seen it already) has a sweet image showing off the wonkyness of the original helmets, and why the symmetrical ones look weird.

symmetry.jpg

shouldn't have said anything

We'd have been none the wiser

We'll make a Stealth Trooper of you yet

I want them to see me coming.

Ā 

Wow, that can be taken out of context... B)

And now the out-of-context laughing wh****.

Ā 

30119145.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Aveng, I think we settled that it is the way it should be and nobody should ever look at a stormtrooper from top side down anyway.

Edited by Nicky

On 11/7/2012 at 11:59 PM, Aveng said:

After putting my ATA lid together I noticed that when I look at it from the top side down it looks warped or twisted. Is this normal? Thanks!

Ā 

Yes it is normal. Every single piece of the original armour and helmets are not symetrical and it's about everyone got that into their heads. They were hand sculpted and not CNC machined to make them nice and pretty. They are warped, twisted, lopsided, uneven, and so on. Nothing is symetrical or perfect mirror images left and right. Every piece is a unique shape.

Ā 

Take a look at this original hero.

iyxgUdA.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Now look at it flpped.

HCxvGWu.jpg

Ā 

Get the squeeky clean, perfect Stormtrooper vision out of your head becasue it just doesn't exist with real props.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021