Forearm advice

I just started building my AP armor and started on the forearm pieces. I having a little difficulty putting them together. I have it all trimmed like I want, but it just seems like the top flares out too much over the bottom piece. When I squeeze it it fits like I want, but I'm not sure if it looks at all right. I attached a couple pics from the inside and the outside of the forearm. Really need some advice, but please be gentle it's my first build... :unsure:

post-1130-1197686703_thumb.jpg

post-1130-1197686747_thumb.jpg

You're going to have to glue those bad boys to avoid this. Otherwise, I think that's just how it's going to look. I have my top seams glued for a nice look and then the bottom seams are velcro and look like yours and they don't close tight either.

I would Butt the front up against eachother so they are equal, because you will prolly have to trim a little off the back anyways... It looks better for presentation purposes people will look at the end of your forarms more than the elbow part anyways, same goe's with the biceps, shins, & thighs ...stand buy for pics B)

AP says use velcro on your seams but you will need to use glue on at least one seam per piece as the other guys stated. I would hold off on glueing the shin pieces until you have your boots. Getting the shins to fit over the boots properly can be a bit tricky with AP.

see, just butt them up correctly in the front then trim the back like so... :)

kG6flmR.jpgCryN7fi.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

AP says use velcro on your seams but you will need to use glue on at least one seam per piece as the other guys stated. I would hold off on glueing the shin pieces until you have your boots. Getting the shins to fit over the boots properly can be a bit tricky with AP.

then after you glue BOTH seams with super glue, and or CA glue,re-enforce the seam on the inside...then you can put foam inside so it fits your arm beter B) the only thing you should have velcro on is the back seam of the shins :)

then after you glue BOTH seams with super glue, and or CA glue,re-enforce the seam on the inside...then you can put foam inside so it fits your arm beter B) the only thing you should have velcro on is the back seam of the shins :)

A lot of great advice guys thanks! :) Only question just to make sure, if I glue both seams won't that leave a wide gap around my wrists? I mean the end would have to be big enough to put my hand through right since both seams are sealed. Do you have a pic of the front view of the forearms where the hand comes thorough?

yeah it is pretty wide, but thats how it is...I haven't added much foam to my forearms yet, but its not hard to do...along with glueing some foam in, you could also buy self adhesive door trim foam from a hardware store :)

okay found all kinds of stuff on glue here, but now I'm more confused :huh: I see people using super glue, epoxy, plastic bonds, ABS glue, and even hot glue. Since I have worked with epoxies before I think I will go that route, but I'm lost on the difference between an epoxy and plastic bond. I thought they were the same. Am I way off on that? If so which is better?

My experience is to use ABS cement for ABS armor. I've tried CA glue and found it quite lacking. E6000 seems to be the best bet for me for HIPS.

Nice clone Mike :salute: what kind of armor is that? the belt looks MG but I coul;d be wrong because the pic is so small the helmet looks like a mario also, but yet again the pic is small

Thanks man, that was from Comic-Con 2006. Yes it was a pain to put together too! Thats my daughter on the right there with her clone. The bucket was a heavily modified Mario and the armor was MG. The shoulder bells were MH Unk armor as well as the hand guards. I sold it shortly afterward.

I have sold pretty much everything now :( I had a AP for the Rose Parade (sold) an AP for sand trooper (sold) and the clone (sold)..... All I have left is the gifts of friends. :) I wont sell those. Someday I will get my TE2 armor to go with this awesome bucket,.....maybe :) We'll see.

My daughter had a blast being photographed but after that she was done :)