Chookaboom's ESB Mods to ANH Stunt kit

So, its time to start my ESB thread!

I have a Centurion ANH Stunt kit that, with minimal mods, I hope to make an EiB ESB worthy conversion. Below is my checklist of items to work on:

1. Handgards - Purchased, trimmed and strapped (currently elastic for runner gloves, will change to stitched when I find the right gloves)

2. Shoulder Bell Bicep Strap - I plan to tuck that away/tape is back when in ESB mode

3. Helmet - I have a 2nd AP helmet I am building up to have correct paint/decal scheme

4. Holster - I have one of TK Bondservnt 2392's convertible holsters with correct ESB black straps. I will remove my ANH holster and rotate belt 180 degress and attach ESB holster

5. E-11 - I built my Resin E-11 to easily be able to remove Hengstler and power cylinders.

6. Re-attached drop boxed to allow rotation to either side of belt.

I think that is all, heck the only thing keeping me from Centurion would be the shoulder belts being attached in the back, but I have no intention of doing that any time soon, as it would render the ANH Stunt no longer an option.

I'll start off with a few helmet shots. Bucket is built, decals are on. Painting began today.

ESB on Left, ANH Stunt on the right.

D1278573-C38C-41C9-85E3-F0524BE696EF-1756-000002DCB50C2DB8.jpg

Handguards mostly trimmed, pre-elastic:

8124F58F-46DA-4952-943B-24AF6CA7C837-9250-0000099A5D240514.jpg

Edited by chookaboom

you can always put sticky back velcro on your shoulder strap backs and remove the little white elastic

then when converting back to anh, simply reverse the procedure.

this is what I do with my dual EIB anh and esb versions.

and I remove my canvas belt with the anh holster and replace it with a

belt with no holes.

novus will handle your bucket situation.

it's really easy to mod the shoulder straps back and forth. fuzzy on the armor and hook on the backplate.

then it removes really easy, and novus cleans it up good for the anh change back.

So I'm not the only one that can't stop building LOL :jc_doublethumbup:

one simple word to describe it: addiction

its like my body NEEDS ABS dust to survive now!

LMAO :laugh1::jc_doublethumbup:

Hey, I say KEEP BUILDING!

Whenever you have too many sets of armor,

feel free to send one my way.

Or, just let me know and I'll pick it up!

Alrighty.... back in the game here. I got my bucket mess cleaned up to a satisfactory level to move forward. All that is left to complete on the bucket is the black paint on the ears (pinstripe and rank).

Then, my final step is to get the drop boxes removed and re-attached for rotational goodness.

421FF3A6-E877-4DA8-AC4B-2620BC540E1B-8542-00000C1DA2473959.jpg

you can see a bit on the right decal how the brush cleaner incident pooched things up. I just cannot bring myself to make ANOTHER Trooperbay order right now. but this will have to be replaced!

4D0E521B-DDA7-494F-9038-77DD02C1AC43-8542-00000C1DF0BB1C35.jpg

BBB3FB5D-2E29-42E7-A266-1F5A925DE9A3-8542-00000C1DAF73A40D.jpg

764B0F34-5A5F-4D2D-8FB7-0F00B6FEEBD7-8542-00000C1DD65B4802.jpg

Edited by chookaboom

Nice to see you are back on track, you could allways print one yourself for the time being or even hand paint, you seem to have the skills. I find my lack of paint skills disturbing lol :duim:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I believe I am complete with my ESB mods. I will be submitting to my GML hopefully today or tomorrow to get my ESB version of the kit approved. Once I do that I will have a go at EiB. Here is a sneak preview:

P1060172.jpg

Sweet!

Nice to see you 'upgraded' to ESB (serious, we're the best because the Empire actually wins an our movie lol)

I'd love to make myself convertible to ANH Hero, if I had the money

Convertible TKs are for the win!

Looking forward to seeing your EIB app! I'd wish you good luck, but I doubt you'll need any

Thanks Jimmy, I am hoping I have all my ducks in a row for EiB. I took photos last night. I am evaluating them to see if I have everything in order. Once I have this all in order, its time to start researching something new :)

And yes ESB troopers did pretty well..but TK's didn't see too much action hanging around the Death Star and Bespin, that's why they are sooo shiny! My armour is already too marked up to be a real ESB :laugh1:

you're kidding right?

Bespin TKs had the most beat up suits of all! (probably all that Tantive IV damage + 3 years in storage)

Gaffer tape on every shoulder bridge lol

Never too marked up for ESB

If I get any dirtier, I'll probably be not-so-politely redirected to the MEPD (seriously, my greaves and boots probably would pass basic for TD right now but not TK)

And Jabob is ESB

His suit was pretty hammered after 5000km

Bits of it were still fresher than the film suits I think

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: Yes kidding for sure...I love the enthusiasm you have for the ESB though! I have nothing but true love for my ESB brothers! I submitted for approval this afternoon, so fingers crossed I have not missed anything major to be able to join you!