Chandler AZ, Lego Store. My first troop

theisaac

Today was my first troop. I had a great time and it was nice to finally do something with my armor other than glue it.

This was the running dialogue in my head for two hours:

• I hope nothing falls off.
  • Did I drink enough water?
  • Its so hot in this helmet....
  • I wish that sweat drop would stop tickling my cheek.... SO ITCHY.. stupid sweat... maybe if I make faces it will rub on the padding...
  • High Five this kid walking up... ugh, I cant see him anymore hes too close... dont leave me hanging little buddy....
  • Could they have put more displays up in here?
  • Baby Jesus, please dont let me step on a kid.... walk slower... shuffle a bit more Isaac. I bet these people think Im walking weird....
  • Oh look, thats a cool deathstar lego set....
  • Should I let this kid hold my blaster? I wonder if his parents would be mad.... Smile.. wait, they cant see me...
  • Wave at that kid.... is he crying? Im going to walk over this way instead... oh man, there is that display again...
  • My armor is kinda loud.. is that normal..ya I think it is...
  • I need to move my fan so its not blowing up my nose....
  • group of kids want photos... Im just going to stand here because I cant see 'em. Are they still standing here? I cant tell... Im going to stand here until people walk away.

group_zpsc2d6534e.jpg.a028a6c995f0245e85a51e41dfe08807.jpg

Im the linebacker looking guy on the far left. (Please note the AM armor with RT-Mod chest and back upgrade since it took me all night to get it fitted)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Hooray! It's so amazing to see a trooper go from introducing themselves to their first troop! You did a great job getting that suit together.

And the stuff in your head - today was troop #25 for me and it still goes through my head, including "OMG I hope I didn't just hit that kid in the head with my blaster" and "Who is stepping on my foot? OH there's a kid there!" (I learned to see through my teeth holes a bit) and "don't stand like a girl."

@Ingrid - thats funny "dont stand like a girl".

@Mark - thanks man! It was a blast, we are doing it again next weekend. Can't wait.

@Patrick - Its so fun, I think I liked it more than the kids did. People would do a double take and change directions to come over and see us. I had this feeling of, "ya, you just saw real stormtroopers". its a rush.

@Eric - thanks man! Good work on keeping the site going smooth so I can even share this stuff!

Mike, you made the day for me bro. I would not have gone if you were not going. I wanted to have you at my first troop since you were the one who showed me the ropes of the build and what EIB was in the first place. Im looking forward to next weekend to do it again.

I wont lie though, I want some type of comm system now.

A voice modulation system (RomFX, Aker/iComm, etc.) makes a BIG difference in the trooping experience for both you and the fans. I love being able to hold a conversation with a fan, all the time with them swearing they are talking to a real stormtrooper.