Suspenders?

You have to work a bit to hide the suspenders under the armor plates, but it's pretty reliable to hold your hidden belt on which you attach the thigh garters. I don't know what else suspenders are used for under a TK... and if not using any then we're talking about attaching the garter to the ab plate and all I know is that I wanted to avoid adding too much weight on the front plates.

Edited by Nicky

Good thing I got that part right when making my build :) But I have no hips, so I had to use suspenders lol. Oh there we found a use for suspenders. For people with no hips.

Ā 

The trunk plates hang under eachother and the back and front join at your shoulders with 2 white elastic or webbing straps hidden by the shoulder bridges, then your ab and kidney plates hold on to eachother on one side or two with 2-3 elastic straps. No need for suspenders, if it fits nicely to your body it won't dangle.

Edited by Nicky

The thought for the suspenders were for the ab, kidney, and butt plate.

Strap the ab together with the chest and the kidney with the back instead. It is much more reliable.

Good thing I got that part right when making my build :) But I have no hips, so I had to use suspenders lol. Oh there we found a use for suspenders. For people with no hips.

I'm 177 cm and 60 Kg. No hips is not an excuse. I'm slim as a stick. :P

Strap the ab together with the chest and the kidney with the back instead. It is much more reliable.

Ā 

Ā 

Less posting, more eating!

Ā 

Ā 

What Mathias said. Original style strapping (regardless if brackets or snaps) is the easiest and most reliable method.

Ā 

You can still use a belt for the thighs; if you got no hips, just sew on some belt loops and your under armor

Ā 

Ā 

I'm 177 and 80 :D I wish I had hip bones at least, that the belt alone could hang onto, otherwise it's hopeless. I believe It's not about weight, it's about body shape :) I'm a sad rectangle who can keep his pants up.

Ā 

bodyshapes.jpg

Ā 

I'm 177 and 80 :D I wish I had hip bones at least, that the belt alone could hang onto, otherwise it's hopeless. I believe It's not about weight, it's about body shape :) I'm a sad rectangle who can keep his pants up.

Ā 

bodyshapes.jpg

So wear it around your waist then :P

So wear it around your waist then :P

Ā 

You mean under the ribs, above the ham, around the pancakes? Yeah that's gonna work for sure!

Actually I looked at my belt and see it probaby has to do with its soft comfy padding around it that decreases its grip. That theory makes me feel better about myself actually.

Ā 

A belt with good grip is enough :)

The answer is: it's whatever works for you. Just make sure you don't hang the thighs directly from the ab piece, as the extra weight will cause problems.

Ā 

Personally I use a belt/garter system with webbing not elastic, and elastic suspenders to hold that up. None of this is attached to my upper body armor in any way.

if you use suspenders attached to the AB and kidney over the shoulders, you can attach the thigh straps to

the ab plate since the suspenders hold everything up.

Ā 

pulling upwards is the key to suspenders it keeps everything aligned while lessening the chance of snaps coming apart.

I like my suspenders a lot, I cross them in the back and have parachute buckles just above the ab plate. You may want to try a couple of methods and see what you like the best.

I also use run suspenders around the 2 straps between the chest plate and the ab plate, that way the suspenders are pulled inwards, hide better under the chest plate, and the chest plate gets an extra pull back towards the body in case I bend over or sit down, no breasts physics.