TK-6731 Requesting ANH Centurion Status[55][AP*]

bigironvault

Thanks. I don't want to hurt any feelings, but I also want to be honest. Centurion means some sacrifices, just like SWAT at MEPD means giving up personal preference with the weathering and pouch configuration. With that comes giving up some liberties with how things are done.

Shins are supposed to be open in the back, or you wouldn't be able to get your foot through. Thighs and arms are not. They are supposed to be glued shut on all sides. I would also recommend raising the thighs to get a minimal gap between the thigh tops and the ab plate, as well as maybe narrowing your bicep pieces for a more sleek and tailored look.

Like I said in my first post, most of the armour looks pretty good, but the velcro gaps kind of ruins the overall look. In particular on the arms.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent :)

Do you want me to retake (front/side/rear) photos or photos of finished modifications good enough?

By the way biceps are pretty tight on me. Can't get it smaller imho. What can I say I have big tricep muscles.

Edited by bigironvault

Do you want me to retake (front/side/rear) photos or photos of finished modifications good enough?

By the way biceps are pretty tight on me. Can't get it smaller imho. What can I say I have big tricep muscles.

Update photos on the changed parts are good enough. But I won't complain if you suit up either. :)

Well, if that's as small as they get, then that's fine!

I absolutely think you should glue the arms and legs. This is centurion. Not kindergarden. If this program is supposed to be able to mean anything in terms of valor and "additional mile" it is key that people actually go the extra mile, or the whole centurion program becomes worthless.

You want to look as good as possible right? Or why have you applied if that's not the reason, more brass to show for on the forums?

Yes, there is no requirement that you must, but you should.

You have no idea how happy i am to read this !!!

And this time its not me writing it.

Its chief Justice.

Well said Mathias !!!!

By the way if you fix those "issues" it will look great.

I just love AP armor.

"Not easy" isn't the best way to describe it though. I see it more as "doing it right". It serves to create a unified look close to what's on screen, and at the same time implement a tested and proven assembly method that stands up to the rigors of trooping with little to no risk of accidents where things come undone or break and spoil the illusion.

If it's easy or hard depends on the person. But what matters to me is the will to work on getting it right.

There is also the perceived value, that makes us proud to be centurion, and that is very important. For without pride, there is not much to motivate the effort. And without that, we might as well start wearing FX buckets again. So to care for these soft values, an "aura" of exclusivity needs to exist to keep it attractive. And if I was to approve anyone that asked without a little bit of a challenge, then it devalues the brand and the whole program. And that is not fair to those that have worked really hard on their kits. Nor would the next guy or girl have as much motivation to improve if there is nothing to gain.

Thanks! I appreciate it and will wear it with pride. This is cool because I think I'm the first Canadian Garrison member to get Centurion I think.... I will spread the knowledge I've learnt so that others can learn from my mistakes and hopefully lots more Canadian EIB/Cents will follow.

I will also concede that it does look a hell of a lot better. :D

Well Done Keith. If you are number one in the CG, I will be gunning to be right behind you for #2 or #3. If all goes well, I will be requesting my ID in the next 10 days, and then fine tuning for EIB an Centurion!

Congrats!!

Edited by chookaboom

Thanks everyone and especially Mathias for pushing me forward to be better. :)

Charles I have NO doubt you will hit EIB/Centurion. From the start the Tantive IV Boarding Party had made it our mission to get all our new TK's EIB/Cent. :)