What's the easiest and cheapest 501st costume

Sonnenschein

Yep. As far as I know, Moncal is the only one that is offering the Mechanical Crewman helmet. I do know others that have made their own with a navy MKII helmet and added a commbox and chincup, but then the costume would no longer be an "easy" costume :)

Imperial Crew I would say would be the cheapest, think that may be on my next build list

• 2 weeks later...

Just talking with my wife about this last night(she knows almost nothing about Star Wars) and she seems interested in maybe doing an IC or Juno Eclipse. She thinks some of the Troops might be fun date nights.

You'd think after being married almost 10 years I would have learned her up a little more on Star Wars. Our daughters are well on thier way to being fans, but I've never really tried to convert my wife.

Just talking with my wife about this last night(she knows almost nothing about Star Wars) and she seems interested in maybe doing an IC or Juno Eclipse. She thinks some of the Troops might be fun date nights.

:duim:

i was told you get a black flightsuit, the imp officer het, boots and gloves, and can be a retired pilot.

whos moncal? idk if its the same guy, but Mr. Bojangles on the RPF has flightsuits. blue (mechanical crew) i believe, i didnt really get a straight answer though. black (pilots, etc), and orange (for rebel pilots, but why would you need it here lol), $100 plus shipping. http://www.therpf.com/members/mr-bojangles/

You mean Reserve Pilot. And don't buy a regular military flight suit. Those were approved in the past, but accurate Imperial ones are required now.

MonCal is on about every forum if you search for him. Just shoot him a PM. Oh, and he's definitely not the same guy as Mr. Bojangles. :laugh1:

If anybody wants to do a "cheap" costume, there are ways to keep costs down, but like any costume, cheap usually goes hand in hand with poor quallity. New costumers, as well as seasoned ones, should always ask lots of questions before spending money or wasting their time on something that won't get approved, or will have to be heavily altered. With crewman costumes, a lot of the price depends on boots. Accurate jackboots are almost as hard to find these days as officer's riding boots.

If anyone is interested in doing a Crewman (what the Reserve Pilot was copied from), or the Mechanical Crewman, check out www.imperialofficer.com for all the details. :)

I am doing a Mechanical Crewman because the helmet is cool looking. It was going to be cheap but to find legitimate jack boots in a size 11.5/12 is going to cost me $120. Lol All together it's under $500 and MoCal does the suit and helmet. I just want membership until my armor gets here!! Lol

DLfor2012_zps328b06a1.jpg

• 7 years later...
3 hours ago, Kelley said:

What are some mechanical crewmen helmet sources to make or purchase? Interested in starting there.  has anyone had trouble finding dark blue jumpsuit ?

Head over to IOC https://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/  they are the home for mechanical crewmen and will be able to help you out.