TK under way

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sam,

I received my accurate Hovi tip and will spend the next few days modding them to fit my mini speakers. I will have to dermal out just a little on the inside and adapt them a little but I think they are going to turn out great. I am using the mic tips from my Skullworx kit (which is a great kit by the way) So I will have to dismantle the current mic tips to selvage the mini speakers from them to be able to install them in the adapted new Hovi tips. I will take photos of the process. This should be the last piece I need for EIB approval.

Edited by Ravenwood

A re your mic tip going to have functional speakers? I have been thinking it would be kind of cool to have your voice come out of the mic tip but havent found speakers small enough.

Yes Sam, the speakers are in the tips, I currently have the Skullworx system installed in my helmet ( http://www.skullworx.com/ ) but the mic tips are not acceptable for EIB approval so I purchased some Hovi replica cast tips from a guy in the UK and will remove the mini speakers from the skullworx tips and mod the Hovi to take the speakers. here is a vid of my helmet sound test with the stock skullworx system.

Ā 

Thanks Sam, here is a picture of how it looks on the inside of my helmet, I found a guy on Ebay that sells liners for the helmets and it really finishes it of and is comfortable to wear.

Ā 

2012-11-25154716.jpg

yeah its a little cooler up this way lol. the fans will help with keeping air flow and de-fogging the lenses. I need to add some screen over the fans though so I don't get anything caught in the fans lol. I will do that when I change out the mic tips.

I really like the system myself its compact and very easy to install. I am sure for those tech minded they could build something similar for a lot less, but thats not me lol. I finished my resin cast Hovi mic mod last night. I will post pictures in a little bit.

OK I finished my Hovi mic mod last night. I used the mini speakers from a skullworx system. So here is a photo step by step of my conversion of a screen accurate resin cast Hovi to accept a mini speaker. I am really happy how they turned out and they sound great. I hope this helps some one that wants a self contained sound system in their helmet, but still wants to be screen accurate.

Ā 

Ā 

Hovi.jpg

Glad you are happy with the mic tips and they worked for your speaker set-up. Nice job.

Ā 

Keith.

Ā 

Yes Keith they are perfect and worked really well with the speakers after some mods. Thanks again

Wow. Neat and tidy work!

Ā 

-Eric

Ā 

Thanks Eric, This was the last thing I needed to upgrade to be able to apply for EIB status as soon as I get my standard approval verified. I just put in my approval application the other day... fingers crossed theres no hiccups.

OK have my first troop this Wednesday night and I wanted to straighten up the bottom of the left thigh using foam on the inside to pad it out. I picked some AC seal foam from a hardware store I was going to use to pad out the bottom of the thighs. Do you think this stuff will work OK?

Ā 

212100_front500.jpg

Edited by Ravenwood

Yeah that will be fine. You might want to attach it with velcro though, just so you can remove it and was it if it get's sweaty & smelly.

Ā 

I may have to just hot glue it in for now and look at Velcro at a later date.