My AP ANH Armor

Congrats TK12421. I just ordered mine from AP this morning. Since I am a novice at being handy I opted for the fully trimmed armor and helmet. I hope that is comes out of box ready to wear without painting or tweaking too much. I cant wait for mine! My next issue is to buy a decent pair of boots and a blaster. Any suggestions from the forum???

Congrats TK12421. I just ordered mine from AP this morning. Since I am a novice at being handy I opted for the fully trimmed armor and helmet. I hope that is comes out of box ready to wear without painting or tweaking too much. I cant wait for mine! My next issue is to buy a decent pair of boots and a blaster. Any suggestions from the forum???

Ā 

fully trimmed AP kit is just that, fully trimmed. it is not painted or strapped or cut to fit your body type, so you'll have plenty of work to do. I got the AP trimmed, check my build thread for an idea of what you have in front of you. might be best to start a build thread to get your preliminary pre-build questions handled to keep this trooper's thread on point.

• 4 weeks later...

What Ingrid said about the thighs. Unless the tubes are all filled up with muscles all down the knee :) But from the rear view I see it isn't the case. Did you make any mods and have new pics?

Ā 

It looks great, I love the helmet. Can you take pics of the inner strapping system? I'm curious.

Ā 

That it was pre-built saves you cash, mess, and a lot of time. That extra time you should use it on modding the 1-2 details that stick out using just xacto, sandpaper and E6000. It should take half a day at most. I don't feel like the one to tell what has to be how but in my opinion you can also improve by raising the biceps a tiny bit if you can, and check in a mirror in idle position, and reducing the forearm length or rather raising them too since it's only an inch thing around the wrists, so that your hands look bigger :)

Ā 

People shouldn't argue about the line between recommendations and criticizing because here is a rare place where we never point out a problem without advising a solution in the very same sentence. Being happy and content are two separate things so we have to bring things to the table and some people (like me) check out every thread and learn all the time.

Edited by Nicky

Kevin,

Ā 

Looks great congrats on the TK number!!! I am in the middle of my TK build (RT-Mod). I hope to follow in your foot steps real soon and hope to be approved as well.

Ā 

I am in Clawson, so if you have any questions feel free to hit me up. I will warn you I am no expert in this building process but I am having a great time learning and love to talk about it.

Ā 

Congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!

Ā 

Micheal :smiley-sw013:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments. I have redone most of the strapping and added snaps and a garter for thighs. Attached biceps to the shoulders to bring them up. I still plan to close side gap and go for EIB. Here are some new photos including some at my first two troops.

Ā 

B2717363-C0B7-488E-BD75-727D8223B449-36183-000012FEBEB499EE.jpg

Ā 

43983848-BDAE-43FA-A151-0B1DDABC339B-36183-000012FEC1B3B78A.jpg

Ā 

At step up for Down Syndrome

51CDC0B9-DE64-469B-AA2C-C8752F109FF3-36183-000012FEC354721C.jpg

Ā 

At ford credit with Vader and Chewie kicking off united way drive

0B7336E7-F198-48C6-8B7D-069CC58D272E-36183-000012FEC42410E0.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TK12421!! Looks great man! Could we please get some pictures of the inside of the helmet and armor? I am just about to finish up my MFX armor, then start on my RS kit. Let us know about any mods you do. It's great to see how happy you are! That is what this hobby is all about, and I'm right there with you man, since I was a kid I dreamed of being in the TK armor!! Most Excellent!

Edited by R2trooper

• 1 month later...