A Balance in the force- costume vs. prop replica.

TK bondservnt

No one is "pushed" into perfection. Who ever said that?

Everyone can do what they want to. If they want to paint theirs green, so be it!

But we still will tell him is is not screen accurate.

So, what's your point? If you make any accusations or assumptions, PLEASE back them up

well,

it's like being able to enjoy a trooper wearing an FX kit standing next to an RS props suit.

and seeing them both as troopers... as equals.

that alone is my point here.

a balance in the force of TK costumes.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

Obviously we don't want to alienate anyone or be rude for that matter. That's just poor form.

But being overly cheerful and saying that something is great when it clearly isn't can also be "dangerous" as it gives a false sense of security and disillusion to whoever is at the other side of the screen.

Most people really do want to make the best that they can, and if gently being told that there's room for improvement, there's a great deal of people that follow up on that rather than settling with "good enough". The kind of people that does settle for "good enough" are rarely the kind of people to try to gain access to a world renowned costume club.

this all misses the point.

and it is not constructive.

most of the "prop replicator" types are the ones who need to learn from having a BALANCE

and being accepting.

the FISD does not need to be seen as a strict taskmaster of rude people who say

"your costume sucks" you need to go EIB

or

"you are not centurion" fix this and that, and then we'll like you.

it needs to be a little more polite and human.

that's my point.

how many more jokes will fill this thread before it's locked or deleted?

so back to the main point.

are you for having a friendly and helpful focus?

or are you gonna be a fanboy/fangirl?

the FISD will not do well if we all become perfectionists.

this all misses the point.

and it is not constructive.

most of the "prop replicator" types are the ones who need to learn from having a BALANCE

and being accepting.

the FISD does not need to be seen as a strict taskmaster of rude people who say

"your costume sucks" you need to go EIB

or

"you are not centurion" fix this and that, and then we'll like you.

it needs to be a little more polite and human.

that's my point.

BACK YOUR ACCUSATIONS UP! PLEEEEEEEASE!

Jokes were to lighten the mood.

I feel there are a lot of people here doing exactly the thing you bring up. Being helpful, non-confrontational and nice in helping others with their suits and getting setup.

As a new member, I think this community works well, it's constructive and friendly, even to the stupidest of my questions.

The only person I've seen be confrontational, aggressive and rude has been you. Mellow out, we're all on the same page. I think everyone agrees with your point. We will all have different ways to implement it. there is no way to force a community to be nice or mean, it just works that way based on the group dynamic.

Obviously we don't want to alienate anyone or be rude for that matter. That's just poor form.

But being overly cheerful and saying that something is great when it clearly isn't can also be "dangerous" as it gives a false sense of security and disillusion to whoever is at the other side of the screen.

Most people really do want to make the best that they can, and if gently being told that there's room for improvement, there's a great deal of people that follow up on that rather than settling with "good enough". The kind of people that does settle for "good enough" are rarely the kind of people to try to gain access to a world renowned costume club.

yet it does happen.. people push new recruits ... I have seen it.

people say stuff about me and my armor as an example...

look it up.

yet is does happen.. people push new recruits ... I have seen it.

people say stuff about me and my armor as an example...

look it up.

Where? IF you make a claim, be prepared to back you up.

My first "witness" was Derrick. LOL

Please calm down everyone.

I love screen accuracy but some things are just not practical. Painted handguards are fantastic looking as they are what was used in the movie. However, as our suits are going to be used more than the movie suits I doubt that they will have much paint left on them after a while so will look less screen accurate. Therefore the latex look handguards are better for trooping. Same goes with the painted helmets. The paint will never stick very well to the original green khaki plasic so after a while the lid is going to look horrible.

I think SA is the way to go, epecially as Mathias pointed out when it costs no more and is no more difficult but just takes better reasearch but some things can't be exactly as seen on screen as they wouldn't hold up to what we use our armour for.

I love stormtroopers!

I think new recruits need a little push towards that end. I know I did. Not saying they are crap, (haven't personally seen it happen), but tips on how to upgrade this and that, make things a little more authentic.

I started this thread because I see that we need to be nice to people.

and the prop replicator people are not being nice.

and some are not even polite

and some violate rule #1

Your opinion is noted, but unless you can point at an actual event this is a rather fruitless exercise in whining.

I, nor anyone in staff can or will pre-screen all posts made in an Orwellian "1984" style censorship scheme in order to protect you or any new guys from "bad people". If you think someone is violating any rules, report the post to staff for review.