Blasters the difference

ivanhoe13

Hi Everyone ,

Being a newbie to the Regiment I`m on the search for knowledge on blasters which one is correct for ESB trooper please be kind and gentle with me my head is spinning already trying to process the info which I have seen put on the forum so guys give a Brit a break and not burn me out or as we say plain English please lol many thanks to all who come to the aid and all info will be put to good use .

Thanks

Phil

Psssst anyone know who builds kit blasters in the UK for a fee??????? lol

Take a look at the Weapons Locker section in the forum, there is some good reading and research there. Plus, the thread is broken into each corresponding episodes blaster if you want (ie. ANH E-11, ESB E-11 etc). Also, the search option works wonders! Hint: Take a look at any of the Doopys builds on the forums, their kits are based out of England.

my signature has blaster photos.

esb is a standard e-11 without the extra parts

ie power cells on top of magazine well, hengstler counter on side.

there is also the snowtrooper or ESB promo trooper version with greeblies.

the london prop store version is one that was not used in the films.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys for the help yes looked at different blasters now sorted one more question for those in the know "whats a Greeblie?"

Greeblie is a common word in prop-related discussions. It simple means "random piece of whatever that makes the prop more interesting".

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off-topic, but I think the stunt geeblie version might have been slung by at least a couple of TKs in the film.

A picture that Paul recently shared:

mOfdIJB.jpg

Check out the trooper in the middle's blaster (sitting in his helmet). It has no D-ring, and appears to have bumps in the right places to be a stunt greeblie.

Also look at the closest TK- his blaster has no D-ring, and those totally look like concrete clips!

Now to try and spot them in the film... :popcorn:

The usual ESB blaster is a Sterling L2A3 with a M19 scope.

-------

Some also had a cut down bayonet muzzel.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Fascinating, I wasn't aware any of the film canon blasters had cut-down muzzles.

But none of those pics show what I was looking to spot- an ESB promo version in a TK's hands in ESB itself (though that shot of one in RotJ is great- seems to be missing the swoosh detail?). That seems to be the tricky one (this is the part where someone corrects me with a fantastic screencap)

• 3 months later...

the stunt promo blaster has no front barrel detail.

so any blaster you see in ANH and ESB with no front barrel detail IS a promo blaster

this screenshot is showing promoblasters in regular TK hands.

so not only snowtroopers used them.

On 12/12/2012 at 9:33 AM, TK Bondservnt 2392 said:

the stunt promo blaster has no front barrel detail.

so any blaster you see in ANH and ESB with no front barrel detail IS a promo blaster

this screenshot is showing promo blasters in regular TK hands.

so not only snowtroopers used them.

Vern, mate not so sure on that one, I've found plenty of shots of blasters in ESB with no front disc that are NOT

a Promo/Snowie variation

fmrb4DC.jpg

0kKhucq.jpg

NgfcWLr.jpg

And yes, those two blasters in the steps shot are Promo variations, I noticed this back in Sept. 2010 when I posted

up here the High Res shot from 'Empire' magazine.

JXKNhjs.jpg

:)

nice catch! I believe rogue studio friend has one of the blasters in your photos! used on the falcon, in tunisia and now again in ESB!

NgfcWLr.jpg

soon we'll have another screen matched blaster!