Lag and multiple posts

Dday

Over the last 3 days I've noticed that when I try to submit a post of a message, it will just hang there, sometimes timing out. I tried to make a post in the PX and it timed out 3 times. So I went to the PX and I see that I made 3 posts. Not sure whats up, but something is going on. I've noticed some other people having multiple posts as well, so it might be more then just me.

I had the same problem (timing out & then seeing my post went through...all 4 times) last night when I submitted my EIB thread - the admin on duty was able to delete my multiple posts so they are aware of the issue.

Email notifications should be working again.... and new posts seem to be faster (I hate you mysql).

Ā 

What other weirdness are people seeing? Any odd PM behavior still?

Still no link buttons to direct you to the newest unread post in a thread / show you which threads you're read already.

Ā 

Oh yeah. Totally annoying isn't it? This happens every time we upgrade the forum and no one but Zeroroom knows how to fix it. (I knew how once but have long since forgotten) We await his return.

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eric

I'm unable to see who is browsing which threads. Even if I'm the only person viewing a particular thread, I should be able to at least look at the bottom of the screen and see my own name.

Ā 

Being able to do so is handy from a moderator standpoint, as it gives you an idea what the hot threads are that may need a bit of extra attention from the long arm of the law. :)

I'm unable to see who is browsing which threads. Even if I'm the only person viewing a particular thread, I should be able to at least look at the bottom of the screen and see my own name.

Ā 

Being able to do so is handy from a moderator standpoint, as it gives you an idea what the hot threads are that may need a bit of extra attention from the long arm of the law. :)

Ā 

TKRestonDread,

Ā 

Yeah sorry man. I disabled that feature temporarily to cut down on the number of queries on the database. If some of the work with the database I did today improves our server's performance I'll reenable it on Monday.

Ā 

Both the "who is browsing this forum" and "who is browsing this topic" are disabled.

Ā 

I was curious if anyone would notice... I'm sorta glad it was a staff member.

Ā 

Aloha and thanks for your patience,

Ā 

-Eric

Ā 

(Hear the drummer get wicked)

anthrax-oam-law-1122.jpg

I do notice a noted improvement in posting speed. Still missing the view newest post link as said before. Thanks for keeping the site running!

I do notice a noted improvement in posting speed. Still missing the view newest post link as said before. Thanks for keeping the site running!

Ā 

Your balls are back btw... so are the stars (but only for the FISD 2012 theme) It was so stupid and simple I'm ashamed to even say what it was.

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eric

I've lost the box at the right side of the screen that shows the last five newest posts. Is that me or the forum playing up?

Ā 

Amazing... we share the same language yet I rarely know what Rob is saying.

Ā 

"Oh you crusty dragon, I really dropped a clanger. Now everything is all sixes and sevens even though I think she's the dog's bollocks."

Ā 

No actually I'm playing up... I disabled it to see if that extra query is causing any undue CPU cycles. If it doesn't help.. and it won't... I'll put it back soon. The irony is that "view new content" is probably a more rigorous query than that little box.

Ā 

And Karin? I'll only say that it was one press of a button in the forum admin control panel ;)

Ā 

Aloha,

Ā 

-Eric

I'm of the opinion that turning stuff off is no longer the answer. These things were on before 8 weeks ago (when our bandwith spiked), they are unlikely to be the issue.

Ā 

Sorry for all the forum wierdness folks - it's like snipe hunting :(