Revising the EI reqs for E11?

Dday

I realize weapons are not required for approval, but if present must meet standards.

So in a pretty prominent thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2485 it shows several screen shots from ANH that have several of the E11's with no henglster or power cylinders. So why are these a hard requirement for EI if there was a mix of blasters in the film, both with and some without?

• A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.
  • Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.

I often ask that question to myself and then realize, it's because it's just cool to have more fiddly bits on your gun. :) ....

Easily solved with a Doopys Resin Kit. :)

I often ask that question to myself and then realize, it's because it's just cool to have more fiddly bits on your gun. :) ....

Easily solved with a Doopys Resin Kit. :)

Well, not everyone likes fiddly bits! :smiley-sw013:

I personally like a cleaner gun.

So If I plan on going EI/Centurion with a ANH Hero, how will that work, since the blaster is optional? I shouldn't troop with it until it's up to EI specs, or I build a different one?

Looking at the CRL, ESB is just ANH just with no counter of cells, thought it had some greebles at the back somewhere...

In the CRL for the ESB E-11 right behind the clip, there looks to be the power cells, not mounted on the clip but behind it, am I looking at it right?

I think you're referring to the greblies present on some of the ESB blasters and also on the ROTJ blasters. They are not what we call the power cells.

It's also the goal to represent the idealized or common trooper seen, not every possible variation. When you look at hero shots, promo shots, close-ups, what do we normally see when watching the films? And I don't mean that freeze frame blue-ray blown up on your 70" TV :)

This is why holsters and thermal detonators are also required, though there are a few flubs/misses from the prop department.

I can see not replicating every flub or miss because in ANH especially there are all kinds of flubups (open shins, missing stripes gaffers tape etc.)

But to me since there are so many examples in the film of a "clean" e-11 it seems that they would be an option. They obviously were not ALL flub ups. The promo shots have the Hengstler, but in the movie quite a few of the troopers guns do not, and Luke's blaster does not.

There is precedence for clean E-11's.

I know the CRL's can not take every possible variation into account, but I think for ANH anyway it should be noted that Hengstlers are optional.

But I also think the bubble lens requirement on ROTJ troopers is strange since we have lots of shots of Endor troopers with flat green lenses.

I also like the look of the "clean" E11, but I think that the troopers who are striving for a high level of accuracy should be more uniform in their appearance so I support the extra blaster requirements for EIB.

I see, I figured once you're EI, you should always troop to these standards.

True, but no one will take your EI away from you if you don't.

There is that...

Are there any recertification requirements? Or once you have it, you have it for life?