Shoulder bell issues

i am having a major problem getting my shoulder bells to sit right and am getting really frustrated with it. Here is a photo from my last troop which made me want to redo my straps for my shoulder bells. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

IOpRbe7.jpg

You could shorten the strap that goes from the top of the shoulder bell to the webbing that is under the shoulder bridges. This should pull the bell up onto your shoulder more.

• Like 1

I tried that...and all it did was pull the webbing out from under my shoulder strap. then i tried making the strap from my bell to my bicep longer....it some what fixed the shoulder bell issue. But now my biceps sit funny too. i just don't know what to do. it's like i fix one thing and then it messes up another.

One of the guys in my Garrison had the same troubles with his Shoulder bells pulling down.

I took and made him a black elastic strap that runs across the upper part of you back/ shoulders from one shoulder bell to the other.

The black elastic strap was long enough to keep them from drooping/ pulling down and you still have them connected to the strapping that hold your chest and back plate together, but does not put it out from under the bridges.

it corrected this problem.

One of the guys in my Garrison had the same troubles with his Shoulder bells pulling down.

I took and made him a black elastic strap that runs across the upper part of you back/ shoulders from one shoulder bell to the other.

The black elastic strap was long enough to keep them from drooping/ pulling down and you still have them connected to the strapping that hold your chest and back plate together, but does not put it out from under the bridges.

it corrected this problem.

Can you post a pic of of what you did so i have a general idea of how to connect it all.

Edited by grindking

Aside from shortening the strap from the bell to the strap holding your chest/back, here's what I was advised to do: mount the bell strap slightly forward on the chest/back strap, not in the middle. If you're using snaps to attach the bell strap to the chest/back strap, put another one in front of the one that is there now. It works better if you can make a new strap, which is what I eventually did. Hope it helps!

• Like 1

I ended making a new strap this morning. The shoulder bells sit fine now i just need to adjust the length from bell to the bicep I hope. I am just freaking out because i am getting frustrated. I think i need to take a break from it and try again later today or tomorrow. i will also try moving the snap forward a little also.

• Like 1

I attach the bicep to the bell on the inside at the back vertically with a strap.

then the shoulder bell strap that goes across the bicep is

taped to the bicep to keep the bell rotated forward.

I also attach the top of the bell slightly forward at the top of the shoulder just a bit

on the chest front side.

this pushes the bell forward and the bicep strap keeps it rotated forward. since the biceps are formed to fit your arm, they

can keep the shoulder bell in place by making the bicep strap "locked down" so that the bell cannot rotate backwards on the

bicep.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Took some time off from working on this issue..plus i have been busy with work also. I think i fixed the problem here are some pics I took. Sorry they aren't the greatest but i had to use a mirror because i didn't have anyone here to take them for me. Thanks for all the advice. let me know what you guys think.

HilCitl.jpg

nT8RgAX.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Bill, I've been Trooping a few times as well and have noticed that I just don't like the way my bells are looking.  For me, there is way to much of a gap.  While handlers HAVE HELPED significantly, I'm sure they get tired of doing things for me OVER and OVER...

Can you tell me what you finally did ?  As it is now, I'm using the webbing from bell to bell.  I added in smaller webbing INSIDE the bell attached to the bicep to keep the bicep from moving to much.  This is the third setup, that I've tried and still don't like it...

I think I'm gonna try the "forward on the bell" method after I post this and read a bit more, till I see something else that I can try...

Thank You,

Dan

TK-NoWay

Took some time off from working on this issue..plus i have been busy with work also. I think i fixed the problem here are some pics I took. Sorry they aren't the greatest but i had to use a mirror because i didn't have anyone here to take them for me. Thanks for all the advice. let me know what you guys think.

Lengthen the bicept elastic. Shorten the connecting webbing from bell to shoulder strap. Elastic isn't structural. Webbing is. Get the bell and bicept I. The right spots and glue it all so it doesn't move. Use Velcro for position on the webbing and once it's in the right spot add glue to lock it.

Find a centurion , approved, thread for the same armour you have. Do yours the same way.