TK armor question, please help....I need info

TK_Duke

Hello all,

I found this TK armor set for sale, the seller is moving out of town and needs to sell it fast. He sent me a bunch of pictures but they are very hard to see because his power is off because he is moving. He needs to sell it fast and is asking for 300 cash.

I was told it is NOT a Rubies TK., can anybody help me figure out what armor it is?

It looks to be a stunt ANH?

Any advise???

Thanks in advance

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/h343/magnum440gl01/

FX is not approved 501st? From what I have read the FX helmet is not one of the best to have BUT it is still approved. The armor is ABS and allot of 501 members use the body armor???

Edited by TK_Duke

Joe, you are getting good advice here from reliable people. If you hope to have armor that resembles screen accuracy, you will be very disappointed with this potential purchase. If you are just looking for something to kick around in for Halloween, then have at it!

I see you are local too... Be sure to check in with the Florida Garrison if you haven't already at http://www.fl501st.com/boards/

Hi Pete, what im asking is if this set is FX it can be used as a basic kit with the 501st correct? later replace the helmet, do some mods to the body armor etc etc.

Its not like its a Rubies kit where it would NOT be approved correct??

Thats why im asking questions now. Thank you sir!

do not go with FX. the helmet soon might not be approved. the chest arms backplate and all armor parts are made for

VERY LARGE people.

if you're 6.4" tall and 250 lbs with a 43" waist and 30" thighs and 18" calves then you'd be better off and more accurate if you

purchased RT mod or AM.

RT mod can even tailor your legs and arms parts to fit.

see the suggested sellers at our "getting started" section

http://www.whitearmo...showtopic=11538

if you're 5,11 or shorter, have a 35-37" waist, 12" forearms and a 40" chest, with an 15-17" neck

you can fit inside SCREEN ACCURATE armors.

RS props, ATA, AP, TM

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

It's up to you really. Technically yes the FX kit meets the most minimum of standards for legion approval, however you would be selling yourself short. And keep in mind many people are moving away from the FX kit so as you troop side by side with others it's kind of hard not to notice. But then again if you want something for the once in a while troop, or you're comfortable with making the necessary modifications then that's cool too.

I'd listen to them mate, the FX IS approvable with some work but honestly for about $100-$200 more you can get a kit that is waaaay more accurate AND is of much better quality.

Plus a lot of kits can easily be made to EIB standards from the get-go these days, but that would take a lot of modding for an FX.

Plus, like Vern said, it's make for big troopers and if that's what you need AM and RT-MOD are better options.

5 foot 10

210 pounds

waist 36.

For 300$ to start off and be able to get a approved kit is the FX not worth it? If I find out I like the 501st and want to stay and Im having fun and making kids happy then of course Ill put more money into a screen correct kit etc etc.

Can you see what Im saying? I dont want to spend 800$ for a 100% correct kit right from the start.

Joe, you are getting good advice here from reliable people. If you hope to have armor that resembles screen accuracy, you will be very disappointed with this potential purchase. If you are just looking for something to kick around in for Halloween, then have at it!

I see you are local too... Be sure to check in with the Florida Garrison if you haven't already at http://www.fl501st.com/boards/

I have been to the FL forums thanks! My name on there is Darth_Duke.

Edited by TK_Duke

210 at 510?

waist of 36

ok I'm 220 511 waist of 39. where is all the weight?

we don't measure at the smallest part of our waist... we have to measure at the LARGEST part since

armor does not fit like a pair of pants sliding under the gut.

so my armor measure in armor is 42" waist.

Joe, welcome to the FISD and to the Florida Garrison. It sounds like you've got your heart set on this kit. Keep in mind, it may take considerable effort to make it fit you and to make it 501st acceptable. I don't have any personal experience with the mods necessary, but from what others are saying, you should not expect it to be easy... It may be a struggle if this is your first kit.

For me, once I got started, it became a bit addicting and I wanted to get my build as accurate as possible.

We are all happy to help with whichever kit you choose. Just want to make sure you are an "informed consumer"!!!

The FX is 501st approvable, and at one point was the only option for armor - that's not the case anymore. As others have said, for another $200 or so, you can get a more screen-accurate setup. Sure, you can buy FX with the plan to upgrade later, or you can "buy once, cry once" for something more accurate. The choice is really up to you. The one caveat when buying used armor though is that since it has already been trimmed and assembled, it may not fit you without modifications. If you're set on buying the kit, I'd find out the seller's dimensions to see how much you may have to trim or add to the kit to make it fit you.

Thanks! I guess what I really wanted to know is whst kind of kit this was. I have done alot of reading and I wanted to make sure it was not a rubies. Now that I know its a FX kit and that once some mods have been done atlast it could be approved 501st. Vrs if i bought a Rubies it would never be approved. Can you see whst im saying? Atleast with this kit there is some light at the end of the tunnel. From what I have read is the first thing to do is replace the helmet. The rest of the kit is very workable.

I have a set of FX armor and have been in the 501st since 2007. It works well, but the first thing to be changed should be the helmet. It wasn't called the bobblehead kit for nothing.

If you plan on doing a lot of troops with kids, then this kit is fine. In all the years I've been at troops with a bunch of kids not once have I had them say that my armor is not screen accurate. They don't care. All they see, especially if it's a birthday, is a Stormtrooper and he looks cool. If down the line you want to go more screen accurate, then start making your mods. You will get a lot of good advice and suggestions from your fellow troopers here.

Ok I just picked up the kit and I can see why the bucket is called a bobble head! Haha! But overall the rest if the armor is good! Its thick and heavy. Some of the parts a bit yellow.... But he droped the price down to 250$ for everything including correct boots! He also tossed in a cheap blaster and holster. What is the best thing to use in the FX armor to clean it up and take some of the yellow out of it????

210 at 510?

waist of 36

ok I'm 220 511 waist of 39. where is all the weight?

we don't measure at the smallest part of our waist... we have to measure at the LARGEST part since

armor does not fit like a pair of pants sliding under the gut.

so my armor measure in armor is 42" waist.

We like to hide our weight :P

I am 265, 5'11"-6', and where a size 40 pants comfortably :)

I was using a full AM set until this past few months I got an AP helmet :)

Mate to clean it up and get a nice shine use this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/370608003572?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_922

My mate has a FX kit and he uses that to polish/clean it and it slowly makes it whiter the more you use it. :)

I'd recommend getting rid of the yellowing before trooping in it. ;) You might need a couple of bottles by the end, but see how it goes.

Put up some pics of the blaster and holster for us to check out too. :P