Just bought Jedi robe Stormtrooper set. Is it really that bad?

It's a long story and one that can be difficult to understand especially for newer folks, but Mathias pretty much summed it up.

If you are interested in getting an MTK helmet (and despite the questionable lineage I have not seen a bad report from an MTK owner), contact someone here who owns one via PM and ask them how to get in touch with the seller.

I am 6'0", 230lbs (I need to loose 30 lbs!) and the AM Armor fits me with no shimming. I have seen the Jedi-Robe blaster up close a couple times and it is ugggggg-lee! I also dodged a bullet by coming to the FISD Forums before I ordered, and have never looked back!

Careful about asking for shipping costs because of wrong size armor. They may use that as justification to send you proper size armor. I canceled my order when it was in the box ready to leave the store. The manager tried very hard to guilt me into taking it. I finally had to raise my voice and stress "Are you going to give my money back or not?" I got my money back the next day and immediately put my order in with AP.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a refund from them for the full price of the suit. They still wont refund shipping though, even though they sent the wrong size. O well i guess. Now I need to order a good set of armor when I get back in the states next week.

Don't think of it as $100 lost on shipping, think of it as $1100 saved on not getting bad armour. ;)

from looking at your body measures you would not fit into AP armor.

the ultimate max forearms and thighs you would need 2" shims on the arms, and 4" shims on the

thighs and calves. the biceps also would have to be shimmed, and the chest, back and helmet probably

would look out of scale.

RT-mod all the way, with a larger helmet than AP.

Just to have it mentioned: The most accurate and beautiful kits available are made by RS and TM, and you really can't go wrong with either.

They can be ordered as kits, or assembled by the sellers for an additional fee.

They are gorgeous armors and I highly recommend them both.

Oh, and welcome to the boards!

• 1 month later...

I have a Jedi-Robe stormtrooper kit and I love it!....... Sure it took a year to get approved, but hey....

Oh and I had to shim the thighs and calves - order new boots - under armor - gloves - trim almost every piece - restrap and velcro pretty much everything (including adding snaps and elastic) - replace the belt - fix the shoulder straps (as they broke pretty much right away) - I also had to redo the fastening on the O2 cartridge in addition to normal stuff like adding fans and sound.

At least it was only about 1500.00 with shipping and it took about 2 months for them to send the boots.

Oh and the day it came out of the box, it took about 2 hours of messing around for me and my wife to kind-of get it on because of the quality of the directions.

Upside? I am getting good at mods and my next kit (cause there will have to be a next kit at this point) I will know what I'm doing.

So that said - I'm short and "husky" - what's a good kit? 5'7" 210lbs.

I love trooping and my armor doesn't look bad now - but the things you wish you had known!

Oh I forgot to add - I'm embarrassed when other troopers ask me what kit I have and I hem and hah...... before answering under my breath....

Edited by hikeba

So that said - I'm short and "husky" - what's a good kit? 5'7" 210lbs.

AP could be the set for you, Im a shorty too (5'6") theres a bit of room in the ab and kidney but you could always add shims if you need more.

Or then theres RS and TM if you want more room plus uber accuracy :)

Heres my AP

7744173574_0c73b7bfdd_z.jpg

Edited by RedSpecial