Guard Detail At the Cinemateca Boliviana

TK-2126_MD

Sorry for the Delay posting here (FISD)

this was the 31 of Oct.

:D:dance: Well after many years of waiting the Cinemateca Boliviana was Open. This is a multi functional arts Building that covers everything under the Artistic Sun. I got in contact with J.V. young art major guy in charge of the opening act, and ask if the 501st could provide Guard detail.... The actual call was funny, he didn’t really know if i was joking or just messing with him. I did go through all the what we are and do.... He just asked for my name again ( 3-4 times :wink: ) and said

"what are u dressing up as"

"No i am not dressing up, i am going there as a Stormtrooper"

"....... ya okay see u there"

" Now remember to talk to your security team and any cops about me"

"..... your not joking are u......"

Any way we had the entire conversation once again.

The grand opening was at 5:00, was not able to get any spotters or camera... :cry: as i got there many ppl looked, pointed, smiled and some took pics....... but once they realized that i was not just trick or treating by and heading there way things changed...... I said hi to the guards and they said hi back, didn’t even bat an eye. there was a very uncomfortable 10 min period in which they just stared, Guards and every one there , no one got close. very glad that u couldn’t see the panic in my eyes..( got to luv polarized lenses) ... Quickly I moved over to one of the main doors inside, that leads to the main movies halls. The doors are solid metal 13-15 ft height by 9 wide and the decro is a 1930-40 dark style ( reminded me of gotham animated building style) The two main doors are separated from each other by a space that would perfectly fit a plump pear shaped trooper!!! So I walked over slowly trying not ot knock down any of the flowers and decorative stuff that’s was scattered around ( Mine field I tell ya…) there and took my place. And so begins the longest 10 minutes of my live. After a while the fear ( My fear) changed to what is wrong with theses ppl!!!!! Then it hit me…. They are for the first time looking at a TK in there life…. Granted they had seen the movies but never thought of seeing one live. And they have no idea that they are looking at a FX and that this trooper is +100-120 lbs heavier then the skinny troopers they saw in the movies. So I was “WOW they are not sure what to expect..” then I noticed that the ppl were gathering ( at a distanct) to see what was going to happen. Even thou I was in a guard stance, I started to look at ppl with out moving my helm, and realized that all eyes were up and down the suit and blaster. And I would find one person that was on the right or left staring at the helmet and I would quickly turn me head and lock eyes and after they looked away I would slowly pan back and stop and stare back. Tested this a few minutes and no one freak or got mad ( as I would start to pan I could see the person look at me again : )

Finally two brave girls walked over and lifted their camera. Slowly I move my lid as if looking at them but looking at the crowd. Eyes were wide as Saucers. So I nodded and as they took pics I gave one of them my blaster. That was all it took…. Took pics for like 20 minutes.

I am still not to clear what happened why it was a slow start, I think they were expecting me to do or say something silly or amusing and they stayed to see when I would do it….

Of course for me I felt like standing there naked.

The actual place security in the place was really Cool they played along nicely. They would offer me coffee and I would shake it off, or as they would pass by they would tell me they were on there break. We looked at each other weapons, blaster for a nightstick, ppl got a kick out of that. After the plump trooper wasn’t the center of a attention any more I started to do my rounds and when to the photo exhibits, art areas etc. etc and redid the guarding thing at the different areas and chambers in the building. And the fan pictures galore… I did try to explain that I need the pics and did give the my contact info….but no luck yet …

Had two small armor mal functions, some armor bites, only pistol wiped one lady that turned around and ran into the tip of the barrel ( I was stationary, by the way) and she laughed it off. Couple leg hugs from little kids that got below my helmet line of sight and scared me to death. Was mildly man handled, during some pics but was a sport about it. Even ran into a stereotypical group of Japans tourists that blinded me with there flashes. The guards actually came and told me to take a break and left the young guard guy where I was and was there when I came back. I was called every thing, best ones weres :

Startrooper

What are u! ( Elderly man around his late 80)

Other high lights:

Group of goth vamp guys looked at me and took there turns imitating Chewys cry, which I took a coaster and pretended to debate which one was the best and finally gave it to the best Chewy Goth Vamp guy ( who would of thought….)

Lame guy can over with a group of friends and he told me that this one girl was looking for a boyfriend, quickly I asked him were this girlfriend was, not expecting a response like that he answered he didn’t have one, so I turned to the girl and told her “he doesn’t have a girl and is looking for a guy for u and he calls me lame…Sounds perfect in Spanish..Friends wil not let him forget this in some time, nothing like being humiliated by a stranger in front of your friends and have a joke turn around and bite u in the rump… priceless. Did I mention the stranger is dressed in plastic….

Did report a drunk that was getting a little rowdy ( Real guards did that, I supervised from afar)

Did get a pics with 4 of Bolivias Top Models….. sorry no camera

I do want to thank my dad bless his heart he appeared at the thing, he is in his mid 80 so running around after 6:00pm is not his cup of tea, but he has been very help in the whole 501st thing. He enjoys SW a lot, likes Chewy & Leia and not big fan of the rebels. We would have armor parties as I was making my suit. I am trying to see if he gets a ID costume but he said he is to old. So who knows!!! I think we will do it.

Any way there was a lot more but this was the highlight, I regret not having pics, but they should be up on there web page in some days add then!!!

other news :

applided for new outpost status yesterday!!!!!!!

Check us out 501st Bolivia

and make sure to hear the Podcast on the 14.... they just might talk about us ( 501stBolivia) !!!!!!

THX U FISD for being part of having all this become real!!!!!!!

Holy smokes! What a great story of personal courage. I think we take it for granted here that we never really troop alone so there's always someone to interact with. You are a one man garrison my friend. :) I think over time you'll inspire other Bolivians to take the TK plunge.

What was it Albin said that motivated him to get the 501st started? "If one trooper is fun, how much cooler would it be with several?" Talk about following in footsteps. :):salute:

Thanks Guys!!!! :blush:

It was Awesome!!!!

I spent alot of time reworking the armor, so that it would be better, i think Deatrin told me once that it will take a few troops to get it snug. Well i am currently waiting for the Council to give me the yes or no on the Outpost, and getting ready for Recruitment efforts, that will be on the week ends handing out recruitment pamphlets in the differnet parts of town. And i have to check out with local law enforcements to see if i need a "Fake-gun" permit.... we are after all in south America and the country is not at its peachiest (sp??) political time frame...... Then again we are only 25-30 yrs into "Democracy".... (okay no more about politics, dont want to be cencored :lol: )

Once again thx guys, i will try to be up to the challange to be up to Legion and FISD Bar!!!

• 5 weeks later...