CFO build(finally!) [*CFO]

Hi folks! I've been trooping for a couple years now as a TIE Pilot and DS Gunner and last year, I decided to join the ranks of the humble TK. Being a fan of the lesser known/done costumes I decided on a ROTJ TK.

I got the kit off of Mark last year-August I think- and got off to a flying start. THis is my first ever proper build(the TIE and Gunner hard parts came pre-assembled) so I was pretty eager to get started, but unfortunately I some how ran out of steam and the semi-finished kit has sat in the box for several months..

Until now! Next week has been booked off work so fingers crossed I'll be able to dive back in!

Here are some pics of how far I got:

2011-10-21144632.jpg

2011-10-21144641.jpg

2011-10-21144701.jpg

2011-10-21144714.jpg

Still to finish padding:

2011-09-26202554.jpg

2011-09-01142619.jpg

I've retrimmed the butt and glued the edging since taking this pic:

2011-09-12172312.jpg

I've also trimmed the legs and belt.What's the verdict for a novice builder then?

Thanks in advance for any and all tips you can give me!

Edited by Colin1138

Looks good to me so far.

Are you going to keep it clean and shiny or are you going for a dirty Endor Forest weathering job?

Thnks guys! :) It's been lying in a box like that since October! I would have preferred the ears to be more flush to the lid and the stickers ended up with a couple bubbles/creases in them, but I guess that adds to the effect.

Thinking of going grubby Endor Rick. I kinda want to differentiate my TK from all our ANH troopers as much as possible. I don't think I'm going to use a holster or attach the thermal det either.

I've also painted my TKboots soles white,so most of the work ahead is making popper tiles,sanding my seams smooth and I still have to trim the rears of my legs and my biceps.

(which have become a bit of a stumbling block) and sourcing an accurate blaster. I already have a small TK-friendly arsenal- an ANH E-11, an SE-14R and a DLT-19 but I really would like an accurate fugly ROTJ E-11.

Where would you suggest I trim here?

2011-08-31212106.jpg

I know I'm supposd to trim along the lower line,but to me that seems like it won't leave enough of an overlap? Did you have a similar issue on your build Rick?

Also, would it be advisable or not to follow the screenbuilt suits and rivet my belt directly to the Ab plate? WOuld that cause issues in the future?

Where would you suggest I trim here?

2011-08-31212106.jpg

I know I'm supposd to trim along the lower line,but to me that seems like it won't leave enough of an overlap? Did you have a similar issue on your build Rick?

Don't remember any issues. Check with Mark whether that particular part is OK. I can't tell from the photo. You don't have much overlap on the arm seams though.

If you're going Endor style and you find the bubble lenses are difficult to see through, don't be scared to change to flat lenses. They are just as (or possible more) appropriate/accurate for the Forest "stunt" troopers and make life a lot easier.

The helmet is looking very good.

As far as whether or not to rivet the belt to the ab plate, it's personal preference. Mine is riveted on. My webbing belt is three or so millimeters thick and there wasn't much of a way for me to use snaps although the idea did appeal to me. In the end, it was simpler to rivet it in place. The plus side to that is that I never have to worry about my belt shifting or moving.

I don't have a hard time seeing through my bubble lenses. I may be the exception to the rule, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey folks,..been a while since I updated! ran out of momentum a while back, but I recently got the box out again and got back to work:

2013-02-08191525_zps156ad03b.jpg

2013-02-11163245_zps496befec.jpg

2013-02-11163307_zps6dd7ed9a.jpg

20130211_163454_zps4b1c9b46.jpg

20130211_163500_zps1595d7a9.jpg

20130211_164123_zpsfd65728b.jpg

20130211_164114_zps22cde97f.jpg

THoughts,opinions,warnings? Hope I'm on the right track so far!

Looking good so far, sometimes you need a break before the push to the end, good luck with the rest of the build

lookng good, just make sure you are able to move the thighs up a little I had to take mine apart 4 times to get them to sit right, and be able to walk and bend my knee some. your on the right track.

Thanks guys.

THe thighs are pretty much as high as they can be-it slipped a bit in that first pic, I should have posted this too:

20130211_163540_zps12bd05af.jpg

Both they and the shins will need trimmed,if I want to keep my knees! I thinkabout an inch off of each should do.

THanks for the pointers!

Got a bit more done, had a quick try on:

2013-02-18162141_zps3ffd952f.jpg

2013-02-18162149_zps0718617d.jpg

2013-02-18162156_zpsb80cfe2e.jpg

Still to do:

Shoulder bells padded with foam(for that classic 80's look) and strapped to chest/back connection.

Thighs strapped and attached to belt

Leg ammo belt and shoulder bridges curved(bricking this!)

Knee plate and ammo belt attached to legs.

Shins trimmed to allow leg movement.

Main belt attached.

Fore arms padded out.

General tidy up of the thigh tops.

Accurate blaster.

Anything leaping out at our resident experts that I should be looking at?

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...