help identifying armor

A buddy of mine has a ten year old set of armor that I'm hoping someone can help identify. Here are some pics:

4kWGFRM.jpgLg4gplo.jpgjQ9jhRq.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Todd

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Can you show a pix of the thighs? Just wondering if they are the original narrow ones or the newer barrell ones.

Ok, here's the thigh:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Wow - those are the original GF thighs. Those things are like gold as they are not available anymore. I once bought a set for $90.

If you ever decide to sell them and they have not otherwise been shimmed/trimmed - please lmk!

Wow - those are the original GF thighs. Those things are like gold as they are not available anymore. I once bought a set for $90.

If you ever decide to sell them and they have not otherwise been shimmed/trimmed - please lmk!

Paul,

I'd love to sell these to you, but they belong to a buddy of mine in Iowa. With these new thigh pics, do you still think the armor is FX, or could it be GF (Fallano)?

Todd

They are FX for sure and the thighs FX came with. GF did the original sculpt IIRC back in the day, hence "GF thighs". Sometime around 2006 or 2007, "Mr. FX" changed the thigh molds to be more barrell shape and shorter length-wise, thus cursing anyone without tree trunk legs to have the "board short" look if they didn't think to trim them down first. Why he didn't offer them both is beyond me.

Those original thighs are gold for a guy like me (6'0", long legs) as there is no other maker (with the possible exception of TM) who would look as good on us tall skinny guys.

Thanks for the history lesson and clarification Paul.

-Todd