Assembly of AP armor (Questions)

Hey there, I am absolutely new, so please be gentle. I've tried to read and research a lot, but all those tips, tricks and tutorials confuse me. I will also try to protocol (with photos) all my steps and most important questions for others here on this forum (in a different thread).

First three questions:

- I searched the www for a specific AP tutorial, but without success: Does one exists or what is currently the best howto/tutorial to build the AP armor (from authentic props)? [Question answered]

- Why not use Dave's Garage tutorial (youtube) - (Question also on: http://forum.whitear...showtopic=19017)? [Question answered]

- Before I start to trim, my main question: Can I trim along the lines, or do I have to fit the different parts, because I am a medium to large person (176cm / 5'9")? [Question answered]

Thanks everyone for all the inputs already.

post-16305-0-18526100-1333544792.jpg

Edit: typos

Edited by wolkenjaeger

you are about the exact height I am. Most of the lines you should be able to trim to and use. The greaves you'll trim some off the bottom unless you have longer legs and shorter torso. I'm the opposite of that, short legs longer torso.

I also trimmed some of the top of the thigh off. Everything else was to the trim line.

I am 5'9" weighing in at 175 lbs. when I built the kit.

This is the tutorial I used when I built my AP. From the amazing Stukatrooper.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Mine is not really AP specific (even though it is AP) but has a lot of answers to the general anxieties that come with early cutting and building. (see my sig for link)

By the time you get a few pieces trimmed you feel like a pro. So don't sweat it.

My one major advice is to keep as much flashing as a return edge as you can, but if you have to trim it there is a great tutorial for putting a return edge back on.

5' 8" and 185 here

I used the trim lines and left the return edge on. I followed stukatrooper's build and had very few issue during my 3 months of building the kit. I used E6000 to join the legs and arm sections.

I posted questions and took photo examples as I went along for others to critique and assist me in my build.

So glad i did application process went very quick and smooth without issues. Good Luck on your own adventure.....lots of help here if you ask for it.

AP Lines are on the overlaps for a ROTJ style of build.

on the shins, thighs and other parts you should follow the suggestions on

peter/stukatrooper's build

for making ANH stlye builds you first cut on the lines exactly. then take off a little on the fronts of

the leg parts for the anh style.

on the biceps and forearms, cut on the faint lines, and overlap them on your arms and biceps

tape them together. and test fit them.

then mark the centerline where the parts overlap

cut off the overlaps to meet in the middle and glue with a backing strip.

when assembling the thighs you align them from the top, and then trim the bottoms after they have

been fitted together.

I just recently completed an AP build and posted several pictures of my thigh assembly here: ---------

Good luck with your build!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed