plastic belt.

On 2/23/2012 at 11:46 AM, Johnson984 said:

Well half way in tk build. I got am armor. I was thinking if I do plastic or canvas. Can't decide what way to go. What FISH think :D

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Just a quick quote from the CRL

• Belt face is made of plastic (TK ammo belt).
  • Belt proper is made of canvas, canvas covered material, leather, or vinyl, 3†to 3.5†wide. The color is be white to off-white.
  • The drop boxes dangle from the sides of the front plastic belt (ammo belt) via white straps and are aligned under the plastic tabs of the ammo belt.

Those are the base 501st requirements, if you want to go above that (EIB, Centurion)

then a canvas or canvas covered belt is a must.

Edited by Kade

If you want to get 501st approval, go canvas.

The CRL says: "Belt proper is made of canvas, canvas covered material, leather, or vinyl, 3†to 3.5†wide. The color is be white to off-white."

While there are a lot of plastic belts still getting around, I don't think they pass muster anymore.

Gah! Mark beat me to it... :ninja:

Edited by Darth Furious

another reason one might consider canvas is that with a belt made entirely of plastic, there is a lot of flexing on the front ammo belt. This WILL lead to it cracking eventually. With canvas, it will be attached to the ab/cod and never be subject to flexing agin.