Thighs: garter method or attach to Ab.?

TK-4261

Hey Troops,

How do most of you have your thighs attached?

With a garter or attached to your Ab piece?

I have mine attached to my ab with straps and snaps but I noticed out of the four hours total of trooping in my armor that I always have to reposition my thigh pieces back outward cause they keep wanting to turn inward. :blink:

I would like to here from you guys on what method you use.

Thanks for any feedback,

Curtis :D

I use the garter belt that tk4205 drew.

I had hear that some trooper mention that by useing the ab connection would place more weight and stress there back.

about the thighs turning in.... well i think you might have the connection to close to the middle of your ab so they turn inward... that make sence???

You should try to have the connection be atthe same length ( up and down and not hieght) were your femur head insurts to your pelvic bone....???Hope that makes sence???

Might sending a pics of u with the garter belt and your thighs, and if u could use some color pants that contrasts with the straps u use so we could get an idea!!

Hope the ramballing helps.

I think the "liederhosen" approach works best. A good harness system wide on the shoulders, attached securely to the abs, kidney, cod, and butt plates. The best connection I think would be at the inside and outside of the thighs, hidden by the cod/butt and hang boxes (obviously need to rethink for TD). Velcro down at the bottom of the thighs will help keep them in position.

--Jonah

Forgot to mention that i have the straps glued 3/4 of the way up the thigh, before they were really close to the top, and didnt hold them in place.

the lower down the thigh the better it keeps it from moveing.

sounds like you didn't use wide enough elastic strips to force them to stay put, I have never had any thigh issues :unsure: I've spent countless amounts of hours in myarmor, and have the thighs velocroed to the ab plate with thick elastic strapping, I can sit in my armor, do push-ups, run, just about everything...I have never had any problem with my armor the way it is, and have never had a reason to do the garter belt thing :) or set up some over thought strapping harness system B)

The way i have done mine is, i use 2 inch elastic and just have 1 piece (on each side) that goes from the back plate criss cross' over my shoulders attatching to the ab plate at the top and then carries on down and attatches to my thighs. I have never had any probs with the thighs moving around and it hurt my back or feel heavy. I use poppers on all these conections, no velcro.

On my FX the thighs are connected via 1" wide elastic straps (using snaps) to the cod area of my ab plate. I've been using this system for years and it's even what I used for the Rose Parade troop (~ five miles of marching). It works very well but I've had issues on some longer troops where the thighs pull the ab plate down a bit, so for the TORP I wore my "suspenders" pretty tight and was fine.

For my TE2, I'm using the garter belt method + velcro per TK4205. I'd rate it about the same effectiveness so far. There is no issue of pulling down the cod but of the garter slides (e.g. I'm losing a bit of weight) then so do the thighs. I think adding straps over the shoulders could alleviate this some, but you'd then run into the same issue of the elastic loosening up over time. I'm eventually going to change from velcro to snaps.

My $.02...

I have mine attached using a garter system. I kept the loops loose on the belt so they slide around the belt, and used parachute clips for the connection to the inside of my thing to allow for adjustments. Keeping the loops loose allows me to make sure they are in the correct spot, and I can always slide them around in case I need to alter how the thighs are hanging after posing or sitting down or whatever.

I wore this during C IV, and had no issues. Did Laser tag and did not experience any issues. I also used a parachute clip for the belt, so as your weight fluctuates (hopefully always down), you can tighten the belt as needed.

Thanks Troops,

I ended up using the garter method. I purchased a leather belt, measured it and punched holes in it and then installed snaps. I used the original 1 inch strong elastic straps and it works perfect. thighs dont turn now.

Thank you for your replies,

Curtis :D