ROTJ Thermal Detonator Photo

Darth Aloha

Does anyone have a high quality photo of their ROTJ thermal detonator? Preferably well lit and sitting alone on a plain background for ease of photoshopping?

The ROTJ, TKC, INC and SKY CRLs have a TD photo with the (awesome Jesse) ANH control panel.

And to be perfectly frank.... I don't know what the difference is.

Aloha and thanks,

-Eric

In ROTJ most of the TK did not have a TD... But the few that did, the design of the rib pattern was more centered and the washer was larger than the ANH/ESB .. (see below) BTW I have not seen anyone make or reproduce the ROTJ TD correctly yet... More armor makers make the ANH/ESB style that is why I you see used in the CRLs.

EndorStrikeTeamCapture.jpg

Veddy interesting.

It sounds like maybe the ROTJ CRL should make a TD optional and or ease this centurion requirement for the correct TD control panel:

• The thermal detonator control panel shall have correct ROTJ details, not ANH/ESB.

I have a bunch of these types of questions. At some point all put all my CRL related notes in one place for discussion.

Aloha,

-Eric

On 1/8/2012 at 4:41 AM, RogueTrooper said:

BTW I have not seen anyone make or reproduce the ROTJ TD correctly yet...

Sounds like a challenge :D

I've just finished a new ANH TD canister mould and feel like tackling an ROTJ. I agree with what you say and think I can make a very good replica. These are not hard to make, especially as I have a few of these on their way to me :)

KGrHqVHJCEE63USBfyBO4cp9OzZw60_12.jpg.47aae3a5227244e7eab228090ae8cf63.jpg

On 1/8/2012 at 8:57 AM, seantrooper said:

I would love to get ahold of a ROTJ detonator for my TKC, I've beenlooking for one for a while actually :)

Sean since you are wanting a TD for your TKC, We (the Staff) do allow you to make one like the "game version" and more than likely be the Centurion standard. Mason made one up for the alternative (Please the pix below). I thing it will be an easy way to go and closer to what you see in the games.

Mason's TKC Game version TD:

tkcTD001.thumb.jpg.cdf314487de5dcb8315656b32ea7a7e7.jpg

Game pix:

thermaldetonator.thumb.jpg.ee61cec2152e1d67a3efc73b88759ee6.jpg

Veddy interesting.

It sounds like maybe the ROTJ CRL should make a TD optional and or ease this centurion requirement for the correct TD control panel:

• The thermal detonator control panel shall have correct ROTJ details, not ANH/ESB.

I have a bunch of these types of questions. At some point all put all my CRL related notes in one place for discussion.

Aloha,

-Eric

For now there are very few ROTJ troopers in the 501st (under 20) and none have made it to Centurion and only a few EI. When I worked on all the CRLs (reprising them), I felt that the standards (Centurion level) should be held for the ROTJ like it is for the the ANH and ESB. Maybe in the future the standards will raise (I have a few in mind that I would like to see added to them) and we will be putting them out there for a vote.

It is harder to start something and have to go back and find away to fix it, especially after you have several of them out there mis-representing the standards.

CFO's TD would be considered for the ROTJ Centurion. I am sure CFO would sell the TD separately if someone was just wanting to change out certain parts.

There is a saying, "Necessity is the father of invention". If you want to go to Centurion level, you will find a way to make it. Basic requirements are a must to be able to join the 501st and to troop, but the EI and Centurion levels are an added incentive to raise the levels and are there to encourage a higher standard. So, when we set a certain standard (in the two higher levels), this doesn't mean that you have to go to those levels, unless you want to. We do encourage you to seek the higher levels, but that is up to you. :)

Tom :salute:

• 1 month later...

Never noticed it before, but it appears that the trooper center right of the image next to Harrison Ford has an incomplete helmet. From what I can tell, he has no ears!

Interesting observation. Must've just fallen off due to the ROTJ ears being just glued instead of screwed on.

Some of the detonator details are longer and thinner than others. The thinner ones are more like the ANH and the fatter seem to be only in ROTJ.

The thinner ones I think are formed using the terminal that Paul posted but the fatter ones I think are made differently. I modelled mine after the fatter one pictured in the blurry pic above.....