Looking for comments, pointers, etc... Here's me as of last night.

Here's my AM build, minus boots and neckseal. That's all I am waiting for. Would like to know if everything looks good or not...

Cheers,

Steve

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

looks good, the only thing I can see is your side rivets. Only two should be visible, the third one should be covered by the belt like this (borrowed from johnblackk's centurion thread)

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

No pointers to really add other than to say that this armor looks really good on you. Handplates look huge - you may want to try regular sized ones and see how that works out. Maybe it's just me, but are those shins on the right legs?

Thanks guys! Fairly certain shins ate correct. I studied the AM shins tutorial like a flight manual... - or at least I hope so... :)

When I get boots and neck seal, can I go ahead and apply for 501st?

Yes, i can't see anything that would stop you from being approved. As for the side rivets, not much you can do now that there is a hole in them. Even if you did move the bottom one down. You'd have to patch and then the nightmare of matching the colors so you can't see it. I'd paint them white at least. they still look silver in the photos.

Ā 

Thanks guys! Fairly certain shins ate correct. I studied the AM shins tutorial like a flight manual... - or at least I hope so... :)

When I get boots and neck seal, can I go ahead and apply for 501st?

Hey Steve, ... while the folks here would know much better than I ... I'd have to agree that everythings looking good!

Ā 

I'm curious however, AM (formerly FX, right??) armor and helmets tend to run on the bigger side ... Is that an AM helmet you have as it looks very proportional and not big at all???

Ā 

Just curious...

Looks good. Watch the sniper knee plate. You'll bust that thing quick if you walk around and it catches under the thigh armor to much.

Ā 

Would trimming another inch off the top of the left thigh fix the issue? The thighs would be different lengths, but it would provide clearance. Would hate to cut and find out they have to match in length.

you might be able to adjust the sniper plate so the top end points out at an angle away from your leg. it also looks like you could lower the sniper plate a bit as well. i would try that before trimming your thighs. also a few close-up pics of your shin armor would help ;) you'll want to make sure you have them assembled correctly before making any changes

if you can't adjust the knee plate you might try adding some small padding behind the thigh at the bottom to pull it away from teh front just a little. Even 1/2" foam should help it some if not enough.

Ā 

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

In regards to the 3rd rivet being hidden, and I'm not trying to be picky, as I would like to just be 501st approved when I have all this together (going for EIB or Centurion would rock, but I'll let the powers that be decide that), and I'm not trying to argue a point, BUT... The CRL says this and nothing about the 3rd (bottom) rivet being hidden: (unless I am missing where it specifies it and I just cust and pasted this before reading that bit) :)

Ā 

150px-TK_anh_stunt_ab.jpeg Abdomen Plate

• The ab plate has a button area that matches the color pattern shown (3 blue + 6 gray); buttons are approximately 7/16" in diameter.

• Any gap between the ab and kidney plate shall be no more than 1/2" wide. Any shims used to achieve this effect should be of a similar material and color as the ab and kidney plate. Shims shall fit flush and seams are allowed .

• Ideally there should be no gap between the ab and kidney plates, just a single visible seam line.
  • Rivets on the left side of the ab plate: a total of three rivets equally spaced out along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge. They may be painted white, or not.
  • A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate shall be present.
  • A single split rivet or brad shall be present on the crotch tab of the ab plate. It does not need to be functional.