The new and improved TK BOOTS

Hi i got these the New TK Boots for TKboots.com yesterday they have been improved quite a bit , from the old ones , still not the origanal boots , still looking for those , but these new tk boots have higher ankle section plus they are more rounded at the front and the soles are slightly thicker , so iam preety pleased they are looking a bit more like the origanl boots and these babys are wicked for trooping , just need to weather them up some , below are some comparison pics againt last years TK Boots . both pairs are size 8's .

381129_216671478405696_100001885376974_557882_1326269963_n.jpg.d954e352458539ede884124fa4e7cdf0.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

@ Rob , cheers for the other thread link mate , i did see that but i mainly wanted to show compasion of old and new TK boots of the same size both my peires being size 8's ;) .

@ Paul , they certainly are getting to look a bit more screen accuratte now B) well once i have weatherd them up a tad ;)

Your quite right Brian and also the soles are slightly thicker and i luv the way the front ends of the boots ride up as aposed to the old ones being flat :dancing-trooper:

They look nice, but aren't the sole is a little bit too thick?

The old shape of the toe also looks better imho.

Which size are your boot's Stephen?( 10 ? ) If you no longer need your old ones , i would take them :D .

• 1 month later...

I have a pair of the New Style TK boots and they are great, nice and comfortable even after trooping for hours, the slightly wider fits makes the eaiser to get into

They are a lovely boot and will get me a spare pair in the new year

• 1 month later...

I saw a pair of these while helping Spectre with his build. I have the old TKs and I'm so jealous! I always find the ankles of my boots trying to pop out from under my greaves, the higher ankles on these would totally solve that. Makes me want to buy another pair...

I too, may have to invest in these. I just recently did a long troop where we had to do a lot of going up and down stairs. EVERYTIME I went up or down the stairs my calves popped up over my boots. At first I did not know this was happening but I noticed I kept getting "knee Pinches" really bad! I kept thinking my thighs were falling down. I finally realized it wasn't my thighs being low--it was my calves being too high.

Of course being in armor I could not bend over to fix it and our changing area was UPSTAIRS!! So I would go upsatirs, remove enough armor to pull down the calves--BUT then I had to venture down the stairs again!! Same problem all over again.. I mean it was the Kobiyashi Maru all over again!!

I've been thinking of either trying to fix some kind of stirrup (sp?) in my calf armor for my feet or trying someway to velcro my calf armor to my boots.

Do these new boots solve this problem?

I bought a pair of caboots a few years ago before they got so expensive. I really liked them because the boot was taller. Just got a pair of tk boots and they are actually a bit taller, and of course more accurate.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Also ordered some of the new style TK boot's.

I think i will grind the sole a bit thinner.

Hope they will fit in the shins on my TM armor.

The real leather boots i dyed did not very well.

Edited by Turrican