RS Props Stormtrooper kit [*RS]

My latest addition to an ever increasing amount of Star Wars stuff,the RS Props Stormtrooper kit.

Pics of the lid so far,

IMG00368-20111105-2232.jpg

IMG00367-20111105-2232.jpg

IMG00366-20111105-2231.jpg

IMG00365-20111105-2231.jpg

I am very happy with the details, and the fact there has been as little tampering with the moulds as practicably possible.

I love that bucket! Its funny. As TKs we love bumpy, wonky stuff, but as TBs, we are horrified by it. LOL. :)

I guess it just shows how armor making changed from ANH to ROTJ.

Yes I have the full kit Paul, sorting out the lid first, the armour is half trimmed and a few bits are test taped together, things look pretty good so far.

By the time ROTJ came about the prop guys were making some decent stuff, the Biker Scout lid, Royal Guard and ROTJ style Stormtroopers were much neater.

It is a surprise for most of us to see the warts and bumps of the Star Wars Stormtroopers, maybe Andrew Ainsworth had a very dusty, dirty wood shaving shop with a vac former in the middle of it!

• 6 months later...

Exelant Build John :duim: ,how did you find the build ?, i know when i built my RS PVC suit i had a issue with the butt peice had to heat bend it in places but then iam only 5.6 Tall lol, i really enjoyed the build following some of the LFL Arcive photos for referance , i really find the PVC mental to work with it trimmed like butter and so flexy ;) right just got to troop this baby now :)

Thanks guys, it has been a slow build, mainly because I have so many other things to do.

I didn't want to do anything too wrong,so the looking and looking at the LFL reference pics,screen grabs, previous build threads, how to's etc kept me away from the dremel.

Yes Brian Muir was over in Belfast at our Heroes and Legends event, he was a fantastic guest, Michael Biehn, Claudia Christian, Colin Baker and others were there also, but I was only interested in Brian's stories. Yes the autograph was almost on my butt plate, he is a really funny guy, he signed it like this for a joke, I love it!

I am 5ft 9" so the only thing I have so far trimmed to suit is the shin backs into the V shape.

Yes the PVC is quite different from ABS, even to glue it was a bit trickier, I used the gel stuff so it wouldn't run all over the place.

Overall I think this armour is as good as it gets, the flaws, warps, bumps and twists are very accurate. It is great we can finally have a Star Wars Stormtrooper costume so close to the originals.

Looking pretty good John :duim:

I just have a couple of nitpicks to point out so others don't follow suit if they are going for screen accuracy. You should swap the knee strap split rivets for single cap rivets. Use these same kind of rivets to hold the drop boxes onto the elastic and also for holding the plastic ammo blt to the canvas. It looks like you have used snaps?

Thanks for the compliments guys, yes Paul I could not find any photos for the knee ammo rivets, only the outer side, it was a guess as to what rivets to use.

I used glue to join the drop boxes to the elastic,I know some originals had no rivets in them. I kindof thought they were later riveted on possibly thorough costume malfunctions? I don't know.

Yes I had no photograph on how the belt was originally done.

Any pics to show me will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

I think all the drop boxes would have been riveted on originally due to the fact that you have to have the box split in half to get the back of the rivet to close. Any drop boxs that do not have rivets are more likely to have been glued on after they have been pulled off accidently. You can see several troopers in ANH that just have the elastic showing and a missing drop box.

Here are two photos of an original belt.

Belt_2.jpgBelt_1.jpg

Here is a photo showing the original single cap rivet on the knee strap.

393833_10150515780959333_1460650600_n.jpg