drying our rubber gloves

For those of us crazy enough to troop in rubber gloves, has anyone come up with some good ways to dry out the insides of the rubber chemical gloves? Turning them inside out isn't an option seeing as I have the latex hand guards glued to them now. Something that just popped into my head, maybe a few minutes with a hair dryer put inside the glove while its on its cool setting would work.

I find the best way is to rinse them out with warm water then fill them with talcum powder, leave them for a good 24hrs and then shake out thoroughly.

Keep them well away from black soft parts when you shake them out mind, else your body suit winds up looking like Casper the friendly ghost ( don't ask me how I know ).

i wear silk gloves inside them. wicks away sweat.

a little dish soap rinse and let soak in cold water.

you can always prop them up on a fan for a few minutes and let them air dry.

if you roll up the cuff they will stand up a little.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392

You know, the rice trick works for electronics that you drop in the toilet... wonder about gloves.

I have the $4 Home Depot rubber gloves at the moment. Maybe get those large freezer zip lock bags, pour some white rice into the gloves, put them in the zip lock bag and seal. The rice absorbs moisture so maybe that would help. I haven't tried it yet but it's a cheap test. :)

Ya, i had kind of thought of something like that. You know there's those little moisture packets you get in dried food like beef jerky. Don't think there's really a place to buy those though and i rather not buy tons of beef jerky just to have some for my gloves, not to mention what kind of smells that might make...

Well hello ms karin! Another thing is I was a little worried that the soapy water might damage the paint on your latex guards. I tried to stand the gloves up but with the guards they just don't sit up well for me. What I has as a little test is clamped the tip of the finger to a towel hanging over a rod with a paper towel stuffed inside so that way the sweat would drain down into the paper towel. That seemed to work ok, but I say the more idea the better!

------

There's this nutty thing above for ski gloves/boots... for $20 :) I'm not sure how hot it gets... but I bet you could open it and disable the heating element.

People like to build these --------- after rinsing. It consists of PVC pipe with holes and a blower. I would think that you could easily build something on a smaller scale to drop your gloves on after a troop to dry out. The air doesn't need to be warm.. it just needs to move. Some people ----------. I friend of mine uses a vacuum to pull air through the PVC to dry his suit.

Aloha,

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I don't dry them out at all. I'm trying to grow a new science experiment. The bag I keep them in is moving and making strange noises.

I'm doing the exact same thing but with my armor. I never clean it, hoping that someday it'll take life on its own so I can hug it and it troop for me so I can take pictures! :wub:

Edited by BananoPower22

Well this is what we were taught how to take care of industrially rubber gloves in lab.

1. ideally a smaller organic material glove should be used like cotton ot caught sweat and acts a protection to the rubber ( even if u don’t have a allergic reaction to the rubber the prolonged use will most likely produce a reaction varying from mild to sever over time.) multiply cotton gloves should be used if possible and changed every 4 hrs or so.
2. Immediately after rubber gloves are not needed they should be removed, cotton gloved taken out of rubber gloves.
3. Hands should be washed with plenty of water and a neutral soap.
4. Rubber gloves are to be turned in side out carefully ( I can turn mine inside out ) dried out with paper towel.
5. Mild soapy water or little dish detergent is to be applied to the glove, rinsed out thoroughly.
6. Dry gloves with paper towel and let air dry
7. Apply talum or baby powder to the clean dry gloves that are still inside out.
8. Remove excess talcum
9. Turn gloves in side in again

Optional (over time rubber will start to break down and get sticky or juice, regardless of how well u take care of it. Applying talcum to the out side of the glove can give it some extra time) but in time the rubber will get brittle and crack and finally break