Star Wars Blu-Ray

Marv

Actually I have another gripe about getting this, and it the artwork on the complete saga box. Of all that goes on in the 6 movies this was the best that they could come up with...seriously? I would have thought that the powers that be would have come up with a really wicked mash up of all the original movie posters or something this looks like David Carldine taking his long walk 'know what I mean grasshopper'.

You said it! Lame-o artwork. I agree. It would have been awesome to have artwork that showcased more characters or scenes from the saga.

I've reasoned this out in my head now as to what I'm going to do. The plan is simple...

Basically I've ordered some cylinders for my E-11 build from Russ, this was some time ago, and I've recently read on the rpf that this run could start up again in the coming weeks, so I've decided I'll go out and buy a copy of the full box set once I have my order.

This way it will either be a celabratory purchase, or it will simply never happen.

My fate is now in Russ's hands!

It's nice having the main features in BluRay... for certain. And some of the bonus footage and documentaries are cool. But honestly... I was hoping for more in the costume and prop flip through sections. The only TK related piece (that I've seen thus far) was of Luke's ANH TK torso armor. And there was a video tour of their current prop/costume library, where they passed by some weird looking TK lid that wasn't even a screen used prop. It was more like some awful repro of a TK lid, by some costume manufacturer... it was strange. But like I said, there lots of other extras to appreciate with the box set.

Edited by TK 4702

Do you think the lid could have been a prototype? The book I recently picked up 'The Star Wars Archives: Props, costumes, models and artwork' has quite a few pictures of prototype models, especially ships in it. Unfortunately the book doesn't show a great deal of detail on many items, has I recal one trooper lid and the E-11 I think from Return of the Jedi :(

• 2 weeks later...

Aaaarrgh I crumbled. I succumbed to the dark side... Call it what you will but today I ended up buying myself a copy, though I only did so after using £20 worth of Morrisons vouchers to reduce the price. I had £10 saved from filling my tank at my local store and today (only applicable to those of us in the UK) but the Sun had a £10 off voucher for £60 worth of goods. The complete saga costs £64 in store.

For anyone wandering the voucher in todays paper is usable till Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran into a young dude about a little while ago who had never seen it. Kinda flipped me out. He said he didn't care to. But then HE flipped out when I told him I hated all Transformers movies....Idiot.

By all the transformers movies I take it you mean the Michael bay rubbish and not the 1980's catoon, because that is EPIC.

A friend of mine didn't see the star wars movies untill he was in his mid 20's. Also the guy watched them in order despite me pleading with him not to.

• 1 month later...

Actually I have another gripe about getting this, and it the artwork on the complete saga box. Of all that goes on in the 6 movies this was the best that they could come up with...seriously? I would have thought that the powers that be would have come up with a really wicked mash up of all the original movie posters or something this looks like David Carldine taking his long walk 'know what I mean grasshopper'.

I agree. I've seen positive comments about the artwork too but I think it's boring and for some reason it's weird having is this light tan/orange/red color.

Just finished up ROTJ, completing the most recent 6 episode watch. I still love this stuff even after all these years. :)

It really never gets old does it? You'd think after you knew every line in the movie that the awesomeness would wear out after a while but it really doesn't. The blu-rays made me look at the backgrounds the whole time like oh wow, I can see things I never noticed before!