TM construction guide

I could show you pics of my completed components as well as inside views of the ANH accurate torso strapping.

No pics made while I built it, though. I did not have the patience to pull out the cam for that... ;)

I could show you pics of my completed components as well as inside views of the ANH accurate torso strapping.

No pics made while I built it, though. I did not have the patience to pull out the cam for that... ;)

Any help would be fantastic - Centurion is where it's at!

@Chris: it is, ghetto style. Keeps the shoulders/bicep pieces where they need to be and is somehow accurate. :D

Gaffers tape rules!

Sweet! I've tried multiple times to get my bicep to stay in place on the shoulder with a snap and strap. If gaffers tape is "canon", I'm all for it!!!

If gaffers tape is "canon", I'm all for it!!!

I can't prove with any reference pics that they used white gaffers tape for that, but since they used it for all kinds of other solutions and repairs, I figured it would be fair game. ;)

• 2 months later...

Wow, s'been a long time.

Sorry for resurrecting an older post but I've been searching high and low on the forum for info on those little bars that elastic strapping is sewn on to.

Can anyone tell me what they are, where one can get some or if they are scratch built?

Mark (FBJ), Pete (stukatrooper), havent you fellas used these on your set-ups?

Cheers

Si

...info on those little bars that elastic strapping is sewn on to.

Can anyone tell me what they are, where one can get some or if they are scratch built?

It's just steel wire bent into bracket shape. Fastened with 2 machine screws per bracket.

Pete/Stuka offered these a while back and they go along perfect with Mark's/FBJ's strapping set. It's their exact offerings you see in the pics of my 1mm TM up there.

It's just steel wire bent into bracket shape. Fastened with 2 machine screws per bracket.

Pete/Stuka offered these a while back and they go along perfect with Mark's/FBJ's strapping set. It's their exact offerings you see in the pics of my 1mm TM up there.

Thanks for the reply Dennis. Loving the armour by the way.

On 9/30/2011 at 3:37 AM, TK-4935 said:

Thanks for the reply Dennis. Loving the armour by the way.

Thanks mate, I just built it and wear it ocassionally. ;)

I checked my pics if I have a close up of a bracket but I can't really find one just now.

Here's the old thread of the initial offer, but as you can read there, you're probably not gonna get brackets from that source any time soon:

-

@Joe: I'm gonna build a new one real soon if all works out. :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

On 9/30/2011 at 4:43 AM, ObiHahn said:

Thanks mate, I just built it and wear it ocassionally. ;)

I checked my pics if I have a close up of a bracket but I can't really find one just now.

Here's the old thread of the initial offer, but as you can read there, you're probably not gonna get brackets from that source any time soon:

-

@Joe: I'm gonna build a new one real soon if all works out. :)

Thanks again.

I'm sure I can knock something up myself. Got a lovely box of plastic awesomeness coming soon and it would be a shame to go anything less than full on accurate considering the lineage ;);)